Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Gopi Krishna last interview
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  03:41:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,
Take a look at this video.Some great wisdom here on the way of life.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xw...-gopi-krishn

L&L
Dave

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  3:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Dave.

Two thunbs up from yb.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  4:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by riptiz
Take a look at this video.Some great wisdom here on the way of life.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xw...-gopi-krishn

Thanks Dave,

When Gopi is asked what lifestyle one should lead to facilitate Kundalini awakening, his says: "the sermon on the mount." I had not thought of it that way before, but upon reflection, I think that narrow path within the Christian tradition is what led me to an awakening of the type that we in this forum call "kundalini." Since my teen years, i have taken the teachings of Jesus very seriously. The sermon direct seekers toward non-violent love for all humanity (seeking freedom from lust and hate, love not only your friends, but also your enemies), and ecologically aware simple living ("oonsider the lilies. they neither toil nor spin, and look how beautifully they are clothed.") And promises beatitude.

Edited by - bewell on Jul 29 2007 4:52:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  12:34:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell
When Gopi is asked what lifestyle one should lead to facilitate Kundalini awakening, his says: "the sermon on the mount."

http://www.amazon.com/Sermon-Mount-...p/0874810507

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jul 30 2007 12:35:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  11:18:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You guys made me think of this from the book Yoga and Health by Yesudian and Haich:

"The great world teacher, Jesus Christ, who came out of the East tells us in magnificent words how to keep both body and mind healthy:

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than the meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air; for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin. And yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? "Therefore take no thought, saying, 'What shall we eat? or, 'What shall we drink? or, 'What withal shall we be clothed?' For after all these things do the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father Knoweth that ye have need of all these things. "But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." (Matthew 6:25-34)

Probably no one has ever expressed the basic rule of Hatha Yoga so magnificently: A mental serenity which knows no fear, outward thoughtfulness and the philosophy of the religious man, who places his unqualified trust in the higher order of powers and knows how to control his emotions.”

Pure Yoga Philosophy. Yamas and Niyamas.

Edited by - yogibear on Jul 31 2007 12:20:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  2:15:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One of the gems Jesus shared in the Sermon on the Mount was, “If your eye be single, your body will be filled with light.”

Yogani wrote: "These words of Jesus also have a literal meaning -- a very literal meaning... Sambhavi is one of the most important means by which the third eye is opened... This, in turn, gives rise to the experience of increasing ecstasy in the body, which includes profound experiences of divine light surging through every nerve in us. Our body is 'filled with light.'" http://www.aypsite.org/56.html

Yes, having experienced such an inner surging of light, I'm convinced!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000