Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Hamsa Yoga Sangh and Yogiraj Siddhanath
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - May 19 2007 :  03:15:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Here's a collection of videos I found on youtube of Yogiraj Siddhanath speaking on many spiritual subjects.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_vide...amsaYogi&p=r

Some info about Hamsa Yoga Sangh:

quote:
HAMSA means “swan (of life)” and symbolizes the Soul.
The incoming and outgoing breath in a human being are the two wings of the swan. When a Yogi unites his mind with the inflow and outflow of his casual breath he enters the natural state of stillness (Sahaj Samadhi). The mystic meaning of Hamsa is “I am merged with the Divine”

YOGA is union in Samadhi.
Yoga is composed mind. It is an inner ascent through ever more refined and ever more expanded spheres of consciousness towards a realization of the God-essence which lies at the core of every human's own being.

SANGH is a collective awareness of souls.
It is a collective awareness of souls traveling along the passage of time, evolving until they merge into the Divine. It stands for the drop partaking of the ocean of consciousness.

http://hamsa-yoga.org/whatishys.html

I found alot of similarities between AYP practices and those taught at HYS. For example the spinal breathing is exactly the same:

quote:
Babaji Kriya Yoga: A process for Magnetic Oxidation

In the practice of Kriya Yoga, the will and imagination transmute the oxygen of breath into life energy and blend it into the spiritual currents of the spine. In Kriya Yoga, when you inhale and exhale continuously, oxygen is quickly converted into life energy that recharges the entire body, especially the blood and the lungs with vital sustenance. As you focus your eyes and willpower between the eyebrows and strongly visualize the circulation of life breath Prana & Apana, up & down the spine respectively, both positive and negative poles are established on the opposite sides of the hollow spinal tube, between the Agya Chakra and the Muladhar. The magnetic pull between the two poles brings the actual circulation of the Sushumna current, and awakens the subtle layers of the Kundalini. Such must be your absorption that as you inhale you become the cool ascending breath word of Prana, transmuting the atoms of oxygen into life energy in the spine. As you exhale, you become the warm descending breath word of Apana burning the carbon-dioxide and the venous blood of the body.

Continued here:
http://hamsa-yoga.org/pract_kriya.htm

Hope you enjoy those videos, I certainly am.

mikael

27 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  9:42:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking of being initiated into his Kriya and receiving his Shakti. he seems very humble and i like his sense of humor
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000