AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 prayers for others
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  3:26:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i know somewhere in the samyama book it talks about praying for others (who are ill, etc). when i pray for someone i've been saying their name 2 times just like the sutras in samyama and letting it go before i begin the other sutras like love, radiance, etc...i also may change names every couple days. is this the recommended way to pray for others? thanks everyone!

Edited by - clk1710 on Jul 24 2007 3:27:27 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  12:51:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by clk1710

i know somewhere in the samyama book it talks about praying for others (who are ill, etc). when i pray for someone i've been saying their name 2 times just like the sutras in samyama and letting it go before i begin the other sutras like love, radiance, etc...i also may change names every couple days. is this the recommended way to pray for others? thanks everyone!

Hi CLK,
Yes, what you are doing is great.
The only suggestion I would have is to move the name of the person to the end of Samyama.. i.e. finish all your 9 surtas (or how many ever you do), do the special sutra (for most its Askasha lightness of air) for a few mins and then do samyama on the person's name.. if possible and time permitting, more than a couple of times.

You can look up Prayer in the FAQ section and the topicPractical prayer with Samyama for some more input.

Hope these help.

Here at AYP we have been doing this at a group level.
Healing Samyama in group meditation. You are welcome to join us and/or request your or anyone else's name to be added to the list.

Edited by - Shanti on Jul 26 2007 1:40:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  7:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks shanti, i'll check it out and i'll take your suggestion for putting the names at the end...

you know, shanti, i've been thinking about being added to the sunday healing list, however, i didn't know if it was fair as its rare that i can ever make it at that time (maybe once every couple months). but nonetheless if its ok i'd love to be added to the list as i've read so many wonderful things from people who've experienced the healing

Edited by - clk1710 on Jul 26 2007 8:31:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  09:10:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

you know, shanti, i've been thinking about being added to the sunday healing list, however, i didn't know if it was fair as its rare that i can ever make it at that time (maybe once every couple months). but nonetheless if its ok i'd love to be added to the list as i've read so many wonderful things from people who've experienced the healing

Hi CLK,
You dont have to be a part of the group to receive healing from the group. And if you can join us once in awhile.. GREAT!!!.. would love to have you with us. The more people join us, the stronger the meditation and samyama gets.. So please do join us whenever it is convenient for you.
I will add your name to our list. Thank you for joining us.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  10:44:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: Can I add your name as CLK to the list or do you want me to add it in as CLK1710?
Go to Top of Page

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  8:40:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you can add it as CLK. thanks shanti for welcoming me! i'm looking forward to it and it'll make it whenever i can
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2007 :  10:20:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

you can add it as CLK. thanks shanti for welcoming me! i'm looking forward to it and it'll make it whenever i can

Done.. you will be up for group healing on August 19 2007.
Looking forward to having you join us (whenever possible). And just in case you are not familiar with what we do, you can read up morehere.
Thank you again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000