Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Inner Laughter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  12:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
It occured to me to ask this question to see if anyone else ever gets this sensation.

This has been occuring lately during various sadhana practices, particularly during pranayama, but also occasionally during meditation and asanas.

What happens is I get this deep rising feeling that goes to my face, and it feels like a strange urge to smile or laugh.

The interesting thing is that I have gotten this before AYP very rarely, but usually when I would stumble onto something that I insticitvely know is going to be "good". For example, before doing AYP I experienced a rather odd and slowly building inclination to switch to a vegetarian diet. During the reading I was doing as I was doing my research into veg nutrition, I noted that "inner smile" was building and I took that as a sign that I'm onto something good.

It has been occuring lately in practices, especially during pranayama when I do a little sambhavi...but note that I don't really experience ecstatic conductivity at this point beyond occasional and very vague sensations.

Anyone else ever experience this feeling?

I actually rather enjoy it!

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  2:43:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Anthony, How've you been there?

Yes, I get this during practice.. sometimes I will start grinning, or laughing, or going through crying motions, or growling - sometimes with feeling and sometimes without. I consider it part of the opening - the real slice of cake, I feel, is the clarity and peace that remains once old blockages have been blown open leaving a clearer system.

Bless up.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  12:42:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony

I get this every once in a while. Earlier this week, I got it during pranayama and meditation. I was giggling and straight busting up throughout a large chunk of the practice. Sometimes a thought would enter my mind that was only mildly funny, but I just found hilarious. Sometimes I laughed with no particular thoughts in my mind.

To me, it re-enforces the notion that "Enlightenment" is simply lightening up. Enjoy it when it happens
Go to Top of Page

Mr S

2 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2007 :  6:49:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr S's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't remember exactly, but I was reading a book on Toaism a few years back, and I remember the book claiming that laughter was a central part of taoism, and that the taoist gurus taught that enlightment has many roots in laughter.

I have experienced what Anthony has described. There is also another feeling, where you sort of tingle and feel 'funny'. I experienced this when having a tooth taken out last week, a strange tickley inner-laughter. Perhaps it was the drugs, but during the experience I was aware that it hadn't been the first time I had felt that feeling, I'd experienced it a few times during meditation.

Oh, and smoking a spliff sometimes gives the smoker a similar feeling, but surely we all know that.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000