AYPsite.org Forum
 Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 heart- warm up
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

flixe

7 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  11:05:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit flixe's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i just want to make sure i dont do this wrongly.

i know i'm no good at massages so some more detailed instructions on how exactly to go about this first part of the Asanas = the heart-warm up

(for the rest i went to a yoga instructor but he didnt know heart-warm up, so...)

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  1:56:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
im sure Yogani would stress the importance of keeping it simple if he were here :)

Just do as it says..."massage" (which could be kind of a pinching or rubbing, i imagine any sort of stimulating sensation) the areas in the order he says. If you are good at it and feel some tingling sensations that's great, but I imagine if you don't it doesn't matter. I believe he said the whole asana could be done in a minute so I don't imagine it is worth stressing about.
I really like the heart warm up. It's good to give yourself some love sometimes!

What I do personally is I form a sort of claw with my hands and press my fingers into the body, sort of like one of those massage toys. I also "pinch" the skin with my palm similar to a common neck-rub.

Good luck!

Edited by - anthony574 on Jun 29 2007 2:37:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  4:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Flixe!

A way to think of it is gently bringing the blood to the heart from head, arms, legs and lower torso, following the procedure in either the AYP Easy Lessons book or the Asanas/Mudras/Bandhas book. The heart centering warm-up only takes a minute or two, and then it is into the postures. Within 10 minutes, we will be on the way in, and ready for spinal breathing pranayama and deep meditation, which take us much further into inner silence. Then we can be acting from that immovable center of happiness within us in our daily life. Stillness in action!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000