Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 chin pump
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gentlep

USA
114 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  2:07:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I read the chin pump several times but am still not clear about the method. Let me summarize my understanding.

(1) You have the chin down touching the chest. Then take a root to brow deep breath
(2) Hold the breath.
(3) Move the head in a circle from left to right and then let in fall to the chest.
(4) Keeping the chin at the chest exhale from brow to root. Then inhale from root to brow. all this while the chin is at chest.
(5) Now move head in circle from right to left and let in fall to the chest.

Is that correct?

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 24 2007 6:15:17 PM

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  3:27:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi gentlep welcome to the forum.

No that's not quite right here's how it goes.

The head never stops. Lets say for example you start with your head turned to the left while breathing in from the root you swoop your chin down toward your chest and then up to the right back across to the left and then swoop down and up to the right again, imagine you are drawing a circle with your chin. You continue this until your breath reaches your brow, at that point you hold your breath and at the same time reverse the direction of the swooping movement. Holding your breath for a comfortable time and still making the circular movement your chin still going in the same direction you breath out to the root and then back up to the brow again, at the brow you retain your breath and reverse direction again and so on and so on.

Have alook at this lesson: Chin pump: Coordinating head rotation and breathing

Hope this helps

Edited by - Richard on Jun 24 2007 3:28:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  6:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I agree with Richard however I find in my practice that the head may sometimes pause at any phase of the circle and thats fine. I let the energy of the breath iteslf determine the speed of rotations rather than any particular rythm. In my case it can often be paistakingly slow as the breath slowly releases deeper areas, or sometimes not as slow if it isn't going as deep at that moment but the guide is the internal energetic action of the breath.Sensitivity is the key
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  6:15:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000