New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  8:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Me

Myself

I

Things sure stay busy out here!
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  11:00:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cast off every desire and what remains of yourself is God.

Meister Eckhart
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  10:08:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Void

Be-calms

Ye-turn-all

Thirst

Win all-ways in-joyed

By the ever-present Way-cup

A-way-can open

U

C

THAT

U

R

All oh-ver

The all sigh-links-sing Word

Awakens the dreamer

Edited by - Balance on Jul 27 2007 10:19:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2007 :  10:19:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"All is Illusion
Only Brahman is Real
All is Brahman"

Unknown (to me at least)
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2007 :  9:43:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

If God is playing God

Then who is playing God?

~rice and tofu
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  3:51:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

No Mind

The flower invites the butterfly with no-mind;
The butterfly visits the flower with no-mind.
The flower opens, the butterfly comes;
The butterfly comes, the flower opens.
I don’t know others,
Others don’t know me.
By not-knowing we follow nature’s course

~Ryokan
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  5:43:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

You are the child of a fish

Therefore you are a fish

Living and swimming in the water

Sunlight glinting off your beautiful

Rainbow scales

What a wondrous and fantastic story

You are

-scan disc
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  5:46:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Being here

Is stepping back

And observing that the universe

Is complete

Unto itself

-defrag
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  8:31:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Faith is being

It cannot be increased beyond that

There is nothing to add to

I am
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  9:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"Life ceases to be a task

and becomes natural and simple,

in itself an ecstasy."

~Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  9:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

[First, recognize that] past thoughts are traceless, clear, and empty,
[Second, recognize that] future thoughts are unproduced and fresh,
And [third, recognize that] that present moment abides naturally and unconstructed.
When this ordinary, momentary consciousness is examined nakedly [and directly] by oneself,
Upon examination, it is a radiant awareness,
Which is free from the presence of an observer,
Manifestly stark and clear,
Completely empty and uncreated in all respects,
Lucid, without duality of radiance and emptiness,
Not permanent, for it is lacking inherent existence in all respects,
Not a mere nothingness, for it is radiant and clear,
Not a single entity, for it is clearly perceptible as a multiplicity,
Yet not existing inherently as a multiplicity, for it is indivisible and of a single savour.
This intrinsic awareness, which is not extraneously derived,
Is itself the genuine introduction to the abiding nature of [all] things.

– Padmasambhava, "The Three Considerations," The Tibetan Book of the Dead
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  9:10:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

When the assumed person who appears to battle between fearfulness and fearlessness is seen through and falls away then absolute wonder ensues

-windows with spot
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  9:14:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I am that in which this moment appears

-back of poster
Go to Top of Page

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  10:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
balance i just want to thank you for serving our community by always offering all these lovely quotes... thanks
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  11:30:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alan,

Thanks from here too, as I read that quote from the Book of the Dead, I sat here and my imagination painted a scene of "time" in fast motion. It made it apparent how all forms come and go, including these human ones and that it is abiding awareness that is the constant. When seen this way it becomes obvious that there is no "time" as well, that what we call time is simply an arbitrary measure of the manifestation of form. There was a sigh of relief as I realized I don’t have to take my life so seriously, it’s just another form that will come together and eventually fade away. We are nothingness not even the witness, all is a pervading, loving Oneness.

Thanks for these, they are truly profound pointers.

A
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  6:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi. Glad you guys like the pointers and stuff. Pointers are everywhere and they go on forever. All they do is point to . All things merge there.

Edited by - Balance on Aug 11 2007 7:04:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  4:56:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

The Resting of the Streams and Tides

Just resting is like the great ocean accepting hundreds of streams, all absorbed into one flavor. Freely going ahead is like the great surging tides riding on the wind, all coming onto this shore together. How could they not reach into the genuine source? How could they not realize the great function that appears before us? A patch-robed monk follows movement and responds to changes in total harmony. Moreover, haven't you yourself established the mind that thinks up all the illusory conditions? This insight must be perfectly incorporated.

Hung-chih (1091-1157)
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  5:53:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

My Dear

Life feeds

Life

Feeds

Life

On the Bosom of Silence

Communion
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  7:33:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

The Conduct of the Moon and Clouds

The consistent conduct of people of the Way is like the flowing clouds with no grasping mind, like the full moon reflecting universally, not confined anywhere, glistening within each of the ten thousand forms. Dignified and upright, emerge and make contact with the variety of phenomena, unstained and unconfused. Function the same toward all others since all have the same substance as you. Language cannot transmit this conduct, speculation cannot reach it. Leaping beyond the infinite and cutting off the dependent, be obliging without looking for merit. This marvel cannot be measured with consciousness or emotion. On the journey accept your function, in your house please sustain it. Comprehending birth-and-death, leaving causes and conditions, genuinely realize that from the outset your spirit is not halted. So we have been told that the mind that embraces all the ten directions does not stop anywhere.

~Hung-chih
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2007 :  6:46:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

The world is but a reflection of my imagination. Whatever I want to see, I can see. But why should I invent patterns of creation, evolution and destruction? I do not need them. The world is in me, the world is myself. I am not afraid of it and have no desire to lock it up in a mental picture.

~Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  2:58:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Direct Bhakti (my title)

"Stay without ambition, without the least desire, exposed, vulnerable, unprotected, uncertain and alone, completely open to and welcoming life as it happens, without the selfish conviction that all must yield you pleasure or profit, material or so-called spiritual."

~Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  3:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"The "here" is everywhere, and the now always. Go beyond the "I-am-the-body" idea and you will find that space and time are in you and not you in space and time. Once you have understood this, the main obstacle to realization is removed."

~Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  3:48:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
God is neither good nor bad, right or wrong, black or white. God is. When you fully grasp this, when you fully embrace what is, you pass through the gates and enter his kingdom.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  8:21:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

My intention to wake you up is the link [between our respective dreams]. My heart wants you awake. I see you suffer in your dream and I know that you must wake up to end your woes. When you see your dream as dream, you wake up. But in your dream itself I am not interested. Enough for me to know that you must wake up. You need not bring your dream to a definite conclusion, or make it noble, or happy, or beautiful; all you need is to realize that you are dreaming. Stop imagining, stop believing. See the contradictions, the incongruities, the falsehood and the sorrow of the human state, the need to go beyond. In dream you love some and not others. On waking up you find you are love itself, embracing all. Personal love, however intense and genuine, invariably binds; love in freedom is love of all.

-Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  02:51:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Balance, for these quotes that come to be read by my eyes with such intelligent timing. Just what I need to know right now, these last three qutoes of Nisargadatta. Absolutely fabulous!

I walked through the Central station last morning, and was overwhelmed with the love that shone in everybodies eyes that I met. It was a huge love bathing while walking, meeting the stream of other beings. I definitely agree with Katie: I know everybody loves me, but I don't expect everybody to realize that yet.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000