Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Balancing of energies without inner silence ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thibaud05

France
86 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2007 :  5:49:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi to everyone,

It seems I am facing a rather unusual situation (I haven't come across someone sharing a similar experience) where my ajna/crown centers have been awakened prior to any spiritual practice. The awakening happened spontaneously about 4 years ago in an improvised shaktipat-like transmission over the internet. Out of nowhere I took a big leap in faith and asked my online friend that night to send me the "energy" she had been raving about, just so I could get a feel of it. It really was the magic of the moment because I had no idea what I was really asking for as I had no info regarding chakras and considered myself to be agnostic.
In a flash, a sudden burst of energy placed in the very centre of the brain manifested itself, alike a lightbulb. It beamed for several seconds at high intensity until the energy leveled down and spread all over both hemispheres. That night my brain was wired for good. Then I classically fell into "spiritual psychosis" with many ups and a big crashing down. It took me quite a while to recover from my post-awakening but the process of healing and of restoring some sense out of what was happening to me was immensely helped by the teachings of Yogani that I started to study in 2005.

I seriously started my AYP meditation practice a few months ago with twice daily 10 minutes sessions (now I do 15 minutes sessions). I was extremely wary at first about how it would impact my brain, but was extremely pleased to see that it didnt seem to impact my crown in a dramatic way (back when the awakening happened I had experienced quite violent but very short lived outbursts of energy out of my crown). Now and then I feel brief ecstatic thrills on the outside of my head (in the back and the top). Over the years, the energy located within the head has remained unchanged with constant pressure and frequent tingling in both hemispheres, forehead, temples and crown.

Having read everywhere and experienced how sensitive the crown is, I avoid focusing my attention in the crown when I meditate and instinctively place my attention in the lower parts of my body. I get great relaxation from meditation but I have yet to directly experience bliss from inner silence. I feel chaotic at times and consider myself a very clumsy meditator. But I'm just a beginner in that field and I take it very easy.
My intention is to stick quite a while with my meditation routine before I consider adding spinal breathing pranayama but I could be wrong. Maybe its more advisable to start out a light practice of spinal breathing with my deep meditation to ground my energies in the lower chakras before they eventually get out of control some day in the higher regions ? Then again, I understand that AYP states that spinal breathing is really for boosting ecstatic conductivity and helping the balancing of the energies and not to be practiced before inner silence (the witness state) has been firmly planted within ?

I forgot to mention I feel no energy in the spinal column so as I understand it, kundalini hasn't been awakened yet. I was told I had experienced a "top-down" awakening, but its really been so far a "top-top" awakening with pleasant very light ecstatic energies occasionnaly coursing within my lower body (chest, back etc).

I hope my post isn't too confusing.

Thank you.

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  10:23:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Thibaud05,

What a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing it with us. I am glad you have got over the initial teething problems that can come with that kind of sudden awakening of energetics in the head. It sounds to me like your kundalini energy is awakened to a certain extent, causing the rushes of energy in your torso/ head.
If I were you I would add spinal breathing to your practice strait away. In AYP Yogani says to become comfortable in meditation before adding spinal breathing, but I don't think he says that it is necessary to have a lot of inner silence established before adding it. It is necessary to have some inner silence in order to add samyama practice, otherwise it just doesn't do much. But this isn't true for spinal breathing. It will do it's thing, silence or no silence.
If you are interested in chakras, we have a multitude of minor chakras all over our heads, which is what causes the weird buzzing sensations outside your head. there is a pretty big one right in the back of your head, which is actually the back of your ajna chakra, which sounds like it is opening for you. There is another important one between that and your crown, which can be fun when it opens.
Spinal breathing helps to purify the subtle nervous system as well as balance and stabilize the energies, and a purified nervous system helps to produce inner silence. So it will benefit your meditations.

Do let us know if you have any problems, especially too much energy at the crown.

Love and light

Christi
Go to Top of Page

aditya

82 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  8:06:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit aditya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would say - you are lucky thibaud05.

Keep up with your practices.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  11:43:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Salut Thibaud

quote:
My intention is to stick quite a while with my meditation routine before I consider adding spinal breathing pranayama but I could be wrong. Maybe its more advisable to start out a light practice of spinal breathing with my deep meditation to ground my energies in the lower chakras before they eventually get out of control some day in the higher regions ?

Thanks for sharing your experience. So....heaven is trickling down your spine I am happy for you.

You know....I think you have plenty of inner silence. The blissful states.....the merging of ecstatic conductivity and inner silence....comes much later in the process. It is a refinement of the energies.

My experience is that you - having been in the "premature opening of the crown" scenario - would benefit greatly from adding 5 min of pranayama right away. Just like Christi said. It would keep the energy on a safe route, and your crown will open by proxy, when the time is right.

Good luck with it....and do come back to tell us how you are doing!

Go to Top of Page

thibaud05

France
86 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2008 :  06:06:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Merci Katrine

:)
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2008 :  06:28:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mais c'est rien, thibaud

J'espère que tu va bien, maintenant..

Bonne Noël
Go to Top of Page

thibaud05

France
86 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2008 :  9:58:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine ma chérie...Entre ici amie de mon coeur ! (L)
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2008 :  2:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Katrine,
You write a third language; how many more are there?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000