AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Need suggestions...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

salvation

19 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  03:49:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit salvation's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been trying to meditate on ajna chakra for about 15 months.Earlier I used to do this only during meditation .Before doing the meditation I give some time for pranayam.I may miss the meditation session but I try to do some 15-20 pranayams at least.I try to do 3 bandhas with it.When I try to do mula-bandha sometimes uddiyan-bandha comes first.So why it becomes difficult sometimes to follow the order??
Also most of the time I found it straining to lock the chin against the chest but sometimes it seems easy?? Does this depend upon the physical strain in the muscles much??
So the practice I have been following for the last 3 months is that I start my pranayam with 3 bandhas.Though I just bend my head to some extent(no chin lock)..As soon as I bend my head forward,my concentration seems to shift easily towards the ajna chakra...If I now roll my tounge and press it to the soft top of mouth(some khechari),the concentration on the ajna becomes more intense..Is it natural??
Does this practice can give me more benefits of pranayam & meditation both simultaneously or can it also create some problem later???

I also request to Yogani to plz give the suggestions...

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  09:58:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Salvation:

Sounds like you are doing something different from AYP, though some of the elements are the same. That's good if it works for you, but there isn't much I can do to advise on the particulars. Better to go back to the source where you learned this approach.

Just to point out a few differences, in AYP we do not "meditate" on the ajna (third eye) -- it is covered in various ways as part of other practices. The only meditation we do is with mantra (I AM), and we take it as separate from pranayama and other energy related practices. This is important for unfettered cultivation of inner silence.

Spinal breathing pranayama is done before deep meditation by the clock (5-10 min) rather than by breath counts, and mudras and bandhas are added on systematically step-by-step over time during spinal breathing, and left to be "automatic" at other times during our routine. The only time we use chin lock (jalandhara) in AYP is in yoni mudra kumbhaka done as a separate practice, and we do chin pump (dynamic jalandhara) as separate from spinal breathing and meditation also. Pranayama, mudras and bandhas are mainly for cultivation of ecstatic conductivity.

That's not all of it, and there are some refinements that are not mentioned, but it gives an idea of the AYP routine, which is built up very gradually over time, beginning first with deep meditation. The routine is more compact than it sounds -- 30-60 minutes twice each day, depending on how many elements of practice are included. It can be streamlined to be much shorter too, as a busy schedule might demand.

The two key elements cultivated in practices, inner silence and ecstatic conductivity, join naturally in us over time to give rise to enlightenment, which is life in unity and endless outpouring divine love. We are designed for that!

If interested, see the main lessons for more detail on all of this. It is suggested to take them in order.

All the best on your path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  11:07:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: The raising of the tongue (kechari) can happen automatically with the advent of ecstatic conductivity, or with strong bhakti (spiritual desire). It is a natural connection that involves the entire spinal nerve, of which the ajna (third eye) is the top portion. There can be various "automatic yogas" coming up. In AYP we favor the practice we are doing over the experiences, which can include automatic yogas and movements. If the tongue wants to stay up, that is okay. But we should also "self-pace" using good common sense if excess energy symptoms begin to occur either during practices or in daily activity.
Go to Top of Page

salvation

19 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  1:00:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit salvation's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi yogani

Thank you very much for giving me your valuable suggestions & time.I know I am doing some different from AYP.I have only learnt the pranayam with bandhas & meditation as seperate(no source other than Internet).I have no GURU who taught me this physically.So plz understand this point.
I can say that this combination of bandhas and some khechari was only an experiment.I am not sure that's why I am thinking to stop this and start from AYP techniques.Well,I have read many lessons here related to meditation,pranayam,bandhas,Khechari,chakras from AYP main directory.I am sorry but surely now I will read them in order and will start from the basic meditation & pranayam only and that too seperate with some gap..

I read here that you don't give attention to focus on chakras at all.That's OK.
I was desperately looking for this kind of direction and by good luck I joined this site now, though I had read some lessons an year before.

Though my messages may be too long , but I have a lot other experiences and things to share here.Thanks again..
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  1:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Salvation:

Here is how we handle chakras in AYP: http://www.aypsite.org/47.html

We use chakras without getting tangled up in them. That is the advantage of using the master controls and leaving the rest of the machinery to do its thing "under the hood."

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000