AYPsite.org Forum
 Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 yoga mat cleaning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - May 19 2007 :  6:18:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
fyi folks... you can wash your yoga mat in the washing machine under the gentle cycle and then handwash out all the suds and let it air dry for a couple days. someon just asked me about cleaning yoga mats and i've been doing this for years with the same mat. also after it dries i notice my feet stick better i don't know the brand of mat i have but i assume it'll work for any mat

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  12:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for this info. My daughter gave me a mat, which, as nice as it was, had a chemical kind of smell. Ick. So I'll put it in the wash and see if that doesn't help...

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  10:18:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nagoyasea, hang it up outside (e.g. on a clothesline, or hanging out a window) to get rid of the smell. The washing's not necessary, nor will it help the smell (just wash when it starts grabbing lots of lint and stuff)

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on May 21 2007 10:18:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  01:24:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Jim. Very good idea and I will do that.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000