Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 To find Myself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

binaryninja

India
1 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  10:37:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit binaryninja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Every one.I hope some one helps me out here..
I am a student,19 years old.Since the age of 10 I am feeling some thing odd about me.I feel I have a higher purpose than what I am actually living in.There is a strong feling of something or someone more powerful than me actually living inside me,talking to me,giding me.But this is actually making me go mad.

For a couple of month I have been reading about various texts on yoga but I feel that what ever I read it still incomplete.It feel like a part of my soul is still incomplete.I feel like there is much more than what is actually given in those texts.
As I am a student I cannot buy those expensive books(even worth a $)
so I have to do away with free ebboks.

Recently I have been extensively reading about kundalini yoda and kriya yoga.But there also I feel there is a lot of knowledge that is not imparted to the readers.

Help me solve this hunger inside me and suggest me a way to read texts that can actually be satisfying.

Plz neglect the shakyness in my writting as I am confused!!!!
Thank you

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  3:59:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Binaryninja and welcome to the forum!

I feel I have a higher purpose than what I am actually living in.There is a strong feling of something or someone more powerful than me actually living inside me,talking to me,giding me.

Many of us feel that we have a higher purpose than what we are currently expressing in our life. I see this as a good prompting, as an incentive to transcend ourselves. If we don't feel this prompting or are too satisfied with our life, we may become stagnant. This drive, also called bhakti, is what makes us want to seek spiritual truth. The only thing that will satisfy it is to take action, by seeking spiritual knowledge or realization. Many find that some type of spiritual practice is very helpful to move in the right direction.

For a couple of month I have been reading about various texts on yoga but I feel that what ever I read it still incomplete.It feel like a part of my soul is still incomplete.I feel like there is much more than what is actually given in those texts.

Help me solve this hunger inside me and suggest me a way to read texts that can actually be satisfying.

Yes, what is written and we read, or get as any information from outside ourselves, is still outer knowledge, and is not going to make us happy, or make us realize our true nature. The only thing which will, is to put it to practice, so we can master it ourselves.

There are many resources of spiritual knowledge, and there are many ways of realizing our highest spiritual potential. If you feel drawn to Yoga, then this site is an excellent source of information to help you find what you seek. If you haven't already, reading the Main Lessons can be a very good start: http://www.aypsite.org/MainDirectory.html. And even better, if you actually start practicing Advanced Yoga Practices, as outlined there, then there is a good chance that you will find the inner silence and stability that will take you closer to what you seek. Also, the Links section: http://www.aypsite.org/Links.html has a lot of references to worthwhile study.

All the best and I hope you find what you seek!
Go to Top of Page

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  10:45:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi binaryninja, welcome! i agree with what weaver said
at least for my own life, i see that this it is a call of the soul to do meaningful service work... we often wonder what to do with the energy we are cultivating during meditation and realize how stillness really wants action- and not just any action is sufficient. it needs to be large and worth our energy, as we feel it must be work that brings us closer to God. i see the more my life comes into more alignment i start to then notice the things around me that aren't in alignment and i see myself getting angry and wanting to get involved somehow to accelerate change and to serve. i feel what you are feeling about that call to have a higher purpose than what i'm living and to not know what that is now... and i keep crying out to God, "what is it that you want me to do dammit!!"
meaningful service work seems to be the only way to get some relief from this internal burning! i suppose its not enough to just strive for our own enlightenment.... hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  11:25:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Binaryninja,

Practice AYP and your questions will be answered in due time.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  08:54:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi binaryninja welcome to the forum.

Weaver has answered your questions very well so not much to add really. If... when you have had a good look at the main lessons you feel drawn to try AYP as a practice we are all here to help you with any questions you have.

Wishing you every success

Richard

Edited by - Richard on May 09 2007 09:23:19 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000