Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 SoHam mantra and wetdream relief
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  06:41:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Greetings friends.

I'd like to share my experience I have had with a variation of the SoHam mantra. After overcoming the sexual urge through tantra and plain celibacy my brahmacharya practice hit a wall with the onset of wetdreams. Recently it seems a solution has come to me in the form of Om SoHam Shivam mantra.

I have an unordinary injury in the lower abdomen the only effect of which is that it makes the area very sensitive and allows me to feel the sperm movement through the vas deferens. So during tantra I can actually feel the build-up of sperm in the sperm tube.. And once I have started thinking the Om SoHam Shivam mantra I have felt the same feeling as I felt during tantra only without the desire to ejaculate. I have verified the effect of the mantra many times.. once I start thinking it, the sperm starts moving through the vas deferens, once I stop, the pressure subsides.. I tested this many times over the course of a few days.

This was very surprising to me because I thought mantras had more subtle effects -- not to the extent of moving fluids in our bodies. But now from my experience I know that at least one mantra has a very strong effect on the sexual fluids in my body.

So far I'm on my longest period without any kind of external sexual activity or wetdream and I attribute this mostly to the Om SoHam Shivam mantra. The ecstacy I feel in my active chakras has multiplied as well. Basically I think/say this mantra in my mind whenever and wherever possible, except when doing other practices or performing tasks which require deep concentration. If anyone has problems with wetdreams I recommend the SoHam mantra or the above variation of it.

Lord Shiva is the destroyer of ignorance and the greatest of all yogis!

Om Maha Shiva!

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  08:16:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know a lot about Tantra...but given knowledge of the male reproductive system, wet-dreams are a healthy way for your body to recycle sperm. If you no longer ejaculate, the sperm your body produces "goes bad" or past its expiration date and resorts to nocturna emissions in order to recycle its store.
Once again, I don't know a lot on the topic, but I would guess a wetdream would not entail significant if any pranic loss due to the fact that there is no accompanying orgasm.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  5:55:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what?? I thought an orgasm in a dream was what a wet dream was about.
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  6:56:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
loss of sperm, "bad", and it does take prana, even if its the subtle aspect it takes, this is in some cases the most valuable.

ive narrowed down wet dreams to outflowing. In essence, the energy is flowing outwards twards the world, the stronger the outwords flow, the more wet dreams, with less stimulation.
a strong backwords flow, i believe conciousness may not even wonder down twards the genitals, and if it does, may turn upwards agian.
with a strong backwords flow, if a wet dream down happen, theirs chance no fluid will ever leave the body, as it will fallow the flow backwords, like natural tantra. mantra=vibration=everything or mabey not? lol this is all ust assumtion on my part, i still havnt been able to perfect my ability, to circulate the wheel backwordsss.
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  6:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yes, if you look into many alchemical thingys, they is a process in whitch decay must be their, fermentation? somthin like that, but! who knows.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  8:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As I understand it is to recycle the sperm and allow for the creation of fresher stock.
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  03:12:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is the first time I hear that sperm needs recycling. I've heard that sperm can mature.. but sperm "going bad"? Hmm. I've heard about people abstraining from ejaculation for months and years and I have never heard of their sperm "going bad". Are you sure the "recycling" idea is not just an excuse to continue deriving pleasure from ejaculating?

I think it is quite simple: since it takes energy for us to produce these sexual fluids then expelling these fluids will require us to spend more energy to replace them. Energy we could have used for other purposes. And since the sexual fluids are required for the transformation of our biology then expelling them prolongs the process. Same goes for our spiritual transformation.. as long as we are attached to sexual activity it will take longer for us to realise our true self which has no attachments.

Btw, I had an emission the night after I wrote this post.. but it was quite minor and it wasn't a wetdream. Arrrgghhh that big mouth of mine! Anyway, I'm still amazed that mantras can have such a direct and powerful effect on our biology.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  12:20:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, I was referring to wetdreams, not ejaculation.

And wet-dreams can occur completely independently of dreams

I did a quick research and didn't find anything about the recycling principle. That's what was taught to me when I was in elementary school and I guess I inadvertently stored it as fact.

Edited by - anthony574 on May 03 2007 12:49:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  8:15:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The body just gets rid of sperm after a while. It sends it out with urine, and makes the urine cloudy. I don't think there is any effect on prana.
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  9:48:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i once read somthin. it stated the that the mind,prana,and semon, are all connected. when one is masterd, all 3 are masterd.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  12:27:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chiron
After overcoming the sexual urge through tantra and plain celibacy my brahmacharya practice hit a wall with the onset of wetdreams.

Hi Chiron,

I'm still in a nocternal emissions phase. I prefer to conserve sexual energy rather than ejaculate during sex or mastrubation. This phase seemes to be a natural next step after abstaining from waking orgasms.

I enjoy the scenery, but sometimes it is lonely. There are so few other adult men who experience wet dreams, because, I can only assume, men are enjoying regular waking ejaculations. So thanks again for your sharing, Chiron.

Viewed energetically, i prefer wet dreams to waking ejaculations. Let me count the ways; it feels more natural, that is, in harmony with the body and not controlled by ego; it does not result in the same dramatic loss of pranic energy; it does not usually result in loss of arousal or erection.

Chiron, This may shock you, but, I'm not looking for wetdream relief. I accept nocternal emmisions as long as they continue. (Does that sound disgusting?) When they cease, I trust, that will be ok with me too (althought I imagine it might seem like a loss sometimes). I welcome your further comments. Also, I wonder, are there other adults out there who are now, or were formerly, during adulthood, in a wet dream phase and who would offer observations on the topic?

Edited by - bewell on May 14 2007 12:37:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  11:23:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell
Also, I wonder, are there other adults out there who are now, or were formerly, during adulthood, in a wet dream phase and who would offer observations on the topic?

Humm, no observations from others. Sweet solitude.

I tried the Om SoHam Shivam mantra yesterday and I did feel a tingling in my sperm tube.

Also, last night I had another wet dream after 22 days with no ejaculation.

I have been practicing twice daily meditation and some asana's and I thought maybe this time I might go longer without a wet dream. Not so. A couple of weeks ago, I consulted with a man who said he has gone a year without any ejaculation, waking or asleep. He practices controlled intercourse regularly but not (other) yoga. He says he is more prone to have wet dreams when he shifts his routine somehow.

After the wet dream, I felt very alive and awake. I lay there in bed for about ten minutes enjoying the wash of balanced pranic energy flow though my whole body. Then I did something I have never done after a wet dream: I got up and did some asanas. It was all in all a wonderful energy experience. Today I feel none of the energy drain I felt following ejaculation during sex last month.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000