Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 swami ramdev
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddy

USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  11:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i was chatting with this guy at the store the other day about guru's and he mentioned this guy swami ramdev and how his yoga therapy (or whatever) is suppose to be the most amazing thing in the world.

he said his wife lost 40 pounds and that if you have a headach he can get rid of it for you in a matter of minutes. so i have chronic headaches so i'm pretty excited about it.

better yet is that he's coming to a bordering town where i live in july. so that's pretty awesome.

so i was wondering if anybody could supply me with info about. particularly stuff that isn't about yoga. like what's his philosophy centered on? is he enlightened you think?

thanks

Blue Opal

33 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  11:39:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blue Opal's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
He looks kind of evil, but that is just me.
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  11:43:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Eddy,

You can read more information here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swami_Ramdev
Go to Top of Page

meenarashid

76 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  6:29:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit meenarashid's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
blue opal! LOL!!!!!!

that made me laugh

aum
Go to Top of Page

Eddy

USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  10:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
maybe he's influenced by the dark side....
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  10:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lots of negative articles here FWIW: http://blogsearch.google.com/?as_q=...0&y=8&ui=blg
Go to Top of Page

meenarashid

76 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  4:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit meenarashid's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The best trick my ignorance ever played was making me think its not there..
that being said what does FWIW mean?

keep seeing it..

aum
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  6:03:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
FWIW = "for what it's worth"
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  6:52:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by meenarashid

that being said what does FWIW mean?

Hi Meena,
You can check out this site posted by Weaver some time back on chat abbreviations.. http://www.computeruser.com/resourc...ry/chat.html
Go to Top of Page

Eddy

USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 04 2007 :  03:39:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i'l show you what's s n f
Go to Top of Page

meenarashid

76 Posts

Posted - May 04 2007 :  07:24:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit meenarashid's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste thank you!

aum
Go to Top of Page

aditya

82 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  10:29:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit aditya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Learn from him - his practises helped me cure my allergies and asthama. I do not take his medication, but his practises are surely worth it.

I have not met him in person - he looks like one with wisdom. He speaks against astrology and palmistry(big boon for a country like India) - he talks about duty and Karma. He talks about vegetarianism. His philosophy as far as I understand is to gain Kundalini Jagran thru Pranayam and Yoga. He talks about all religions respectfully.

Someone told me of an article in an Indian magzine about him (not confirmed):

He was a kid when his parents let him go with a Sadhu. He was paralysed on one side (that you can figure out looking at him in CDs too). He had polio - he still rose to heights and came back to tell this world about power of 'The Power'. Millions in India (including me when I visit) do Pranayam with him starting early morning. He is one who gave knowledge without asking to join first. (compare with Sri Sri who charge over $500 for one course and Mahesh Yogi who charge hefty sum of money per course or SRF which insists that in order to see light - you need to have affiliation. (Shavism says if you cannot gain from Guru in one year - move on). I like his openness and I like his way of teaching. He wants you to practise - he will not promise gain without labor.

No offence meant Jim - but all the links come from blogger and I do not see any substance in any of the posts. It looks like coming from a frustrated individual who needs to practice with Guru Ramdev.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  10:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In defense of SRF- the only affiliation they ask for is signing up for lessons, which are given at no profit.
But hey, how about this site? Can't get much more free than this!

And i think most people notice results in less than a year here; I wasn't getting very far with SRF after several years (nothing bad to say about them though) but a few weeks here and I noticed results.

Edited by - Etherfish on Jun 03 2007 10:43:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Srinivas_Mallya

Singapore
22 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  09:09:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Srinivas_Mallya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Aditya,
Good post about Swamy Ramdev. Many people have been Cured by his method of Pranayama . He is earnestly spreading the awarness of Yoga in India.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000