Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 filtering (clearing karma)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddy

USA
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  03:49:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
so i have this idea of clearing karma... although i still don't have too much of an accurate off the top of me head descrpition for what i think "karma" is... i think i just think of it as what keeps you from getting enlightened..

anyway one of them is simply breathing and "finding the truth" in whatever pops up.. or associating whatever pops up with the concept of love... this is a part of an idea i have called rearranging (i'm still formulating it all but it's starting to really come together and evrything is complementing eachother)

rearranging is kinda sort of based on adyashanti's true meditation where you just start with the foundation of "let evrything be just as it is" and simply sit... rearranging from there is slowly (or fast whatever floats your boat) ingratiating yourself with different attitudes or pop philosophies and discerning them appropriatley..

also a filtering tool is a ramana meditation of breathing out (i am not this) breathing in (who am i?) retention (i am god or brahman)

basically these filtering tools that i refer too serve the purpose of convincing yourself that you really are already enlightened and it's just the removal of all the nonsense that thinks your not..

so then there's vipassana and concentration...

and then there's the chopping away at the trunk which right now is focused mainly for me on two practices... "i am" meditation, and ramanas self inquiry (who am i?)... i'm also starting to surface ideas to better enhance his self-enquiry.. i call it now "no holds barred self enquiry"...

so yeah i'm still scattered honestly but i'm doing my best (the 4th agreement)...

thanks for listening

namaste

Srinivas_Mallya

Singapore
22 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  09:54:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Srinivas_Mallya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Eddy,
Filtering Karma is similar to shedding Samskaras(Impressions)?. We hear that all the impressions , both good and bad should be cleared for attaining liberation from Cycle of life and death.

thanks
Srinivas
Go to Top of Page

Eddy

USA
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  1:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i would say that it is the same thing... i want to adress that everything that i write has pretty much came from somewhere else... i just call it different things andpossibly analyze it different...
Go to Top of Page

jeyaprakash

India
2 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  11:30:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit jeyaprakash's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is true. In reality, Every soul is potentially divine and our duty is to find that divinity (Swami Vivekananda). Once the hindering impressions of our action (karma) is dissolved, we could realize our reality and come out of the cycle of birth and death.

Vipassana is a great tool for achieving that (referring to Goenka ji's style) in which the dissolving karma are felt as sensations.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000