Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 my analogy of a tree
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddy

USA
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  03:40:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
so i need some advice with my current train of thought...

i've been making this analogy of a tree...

it's like you have the trunk of the tree which is a metaphor of the core "illusion" (basically thinking yourself to be something)...

from there you have the roots ( past "karma"), and the branches ( future karma i suppose)... i usually just say branches and never refer to roots at all..

anyway so being very influenced by advaita vedanta (ramana, nisargadatta in particular), for the past year or so i've been trying more or less to chop away at the trunk while almost completley disrguarding the branches.. thus creating a whole array of spiritual melodramatic branches that basicaly confuse me (not so much anymore, hahah stupid branches!!... nihilisitc thoughts such as the strssing that happiness is inner and not outer, that kind of stuff...

anyway so i've pretty much a year balanced with the occasional spriitual experiences duped with a lot of confusion and anxiety and depression which i think mostly result over giving a crap about it all..

so i've had like a ton of experiences, even before i got into any of this... i am crazy about it, but i do take my precious time and for the most part i'm enjoying all of it very much so..

with that being said i feel like i'm approaching land less traveled... i have so many different subtle techniques that i'm using to transform myself and i'm timelining myself and the "future" seems very bright to say the least... i guess we'll see what goes down... i'll try to keep tabs on it...
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000