New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  11:05:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
anthony wrote:
quote:
"in one way it defintley detracts from what most youths consider to be late teenage-early 20's behavoir - being casual sex, alchohol, partying, ect...but I have never been drawn to any of that. I think it defintley alienates most people until they reach an age where perhaps others have "caught up" "

There are plenty of people your age who aren't into those things. They are off in their own world too, whether it be spiritual, gaming, computers, books, art, philosophy, dance, making movies etc. They are out there; I know about 12 people in your age group who party a little, but they are so into hip hop and break dancing that they don't watch TV!
Go to Top of Page

Eddy

USA
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2007 :  6:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
20 years old and more enlightened than everyone else that's older
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2007 :  8:01:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool, another youngin
Go to Top of Page

enlightenmealready

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  09:41:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't worry about it. I'm 39 and can't find anyone local to me that is even remotely interested in this stuff. I have found groups that I thought for a while were promising, but there always ends up being some formal or informal social hierarchy associated with the group. This site is the best, because it keeps you anonymous, and most of the posts aren't from forum moderators with 18 stars under their avatar. Mind you, their is nothing wrong with being a frequently posting forum moderator, but on a lot of forums it seems to become another informal social hierarchy where the moderators are automatically viewed as "more enlightened" then the rest of the people posting. My advice,
1) keep your practice personal
2) don't be afraid to learn from anyone with something worthy to teach
3) don't idolize any teacher
4) disregard my post and any other information that doesn't resonate with you. If there is
truth in it, it will make sense eventually.

As yogani says, The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

amrita

2 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  4:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit amrita's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello^^ I`m 18 and ive been doing AYP for over a year :)
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  4:33:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, good post enlight. . .
Yes I forgot to say i'm older than you, and same thing; nobody doing this stuff. A lot of people doing "yoga", but they think it is only asanas. i mention meditation, and they don't know what it is; they say "I meditate while i'm driving, or walking the dog." So I don't say anything. i concur completely with the above post, and if you just do twice daily practices as AYP teaches, and have faith and/or devotion to whatever highest ideal you choose, the proper teaching for you will come to you.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  09:01:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amrita

quote:
Hello^^ I`m 18 and ive been doing AYP for over a year :)

Welcome to the forum
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  09:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, welcome to the forum, Amrita

How did you find us?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  09:15:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

I forgot to say, I'm, 37, but I feel like I'm 18, does that count?

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  1:26:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You act like you're 18, Christi.

...That's a joke!
Go to Top of Page

Eddy

USA
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  5:37:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by anthony574

I think it is intresting to wonder about the consequences of practicing this stuff at a young age - both good and "bad". I mean, in one way it defintley detracts from what most youths consider to be late teenage-early 20's behavoir - being casual sex, alchohol, partying, ect...but I have never been drawn to any of that. I think it defintley alienates most people until they reach an age where perhaps others have "caught up"

I also wonder if it gives one any sort of edge because they have extra years with which to practice, and even at a more malleable age.

i say just let it eat you... why do you think nisargadatta become self-realized in only 3 years... sorry yogani i disagree with you on this little matter
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  01:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i am 27. seems most ppl that posted in this thread are of that age. interesting!

-Near
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  05:34:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,
quote:
You act like you're 18, Christi.

...That's a joke!

18 or 8?

Hi Anthony
quote:
I think it is intresting to wonder about the consequences of practicing this stuff at a young age - both good and "bad". I mean, in one way it defintley detracts from what most youths consider to be late teenage-early 20's behavoir - being casual sex, alchohol, partying, ect...but I have never been drawn to any of that. I think it defintley alienates most people until they reach an age where perhaps others have "caught up"

I wish I had started a regular spiritual practice at 18 or 20 and carried it out every day since then... my life would be much easier now.

Hi Eddy
quote:
i say just let it eat you... why do you think nisargadatta become self-realized in only 3 years... sorry yogani i disagree with you on this little matter

3 Years and how many thousand lifetimes? They say that when you are ready, even 3 days is enough. Who knows?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

amrita

2 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  3:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit amrita's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ^^
I found this place through my boyfriend.
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - May 05 2007 :  7:49:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My body is 25.
My soul.. not sure but it feels pretty old.
And our True Self was never born :)
Go to Top of Page

Nirodha

New Zealand
86 Posts

Posted - May 06 2007 :  08:01:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nirodha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm 44, going on 28. Does that help? ;)
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - May 06 2007 :  3:38:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
approx. 15 billion years, like the rest of us

http://www.cosmiclight.com/imagegal.../ngc4676.jpg

Edited by - Sparkle on May 06 2007 3:49:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  12:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm such an old soul I get the senior discount at the movie theater.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  10:13:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
21 years old, involved in this matter for 3 years, meditating for 2 years. Started with Kriya, switched to AYP :) So don't worry, there are many many young people out there. I have many around me, they are not even 16 and practice pranayama+ deep meditation. One does Mental Kriya Pranayama, is about 18 years old and already reached the 8th Kriya. Many had several kundalini experiences and some even samadhi-like states.

Besides meditation the best way to enhance ones development seems to be karma yoga. Serving others, helping as much as you can, without expecting anything else for it. This opens the heart and you start flying even before having reached godunity.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000