Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 what's going on with taichi?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  6:34:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I enjoy a short little taichi routine and am always curious how doing that might react with or work with the AYP protocol. I can feel that it does something energetically, but I just don't know what. Can anyone articulate what it does in terms of AYP language?

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  11:11:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It helps with grounding. Spiritual practices like meditation and pranayama can make you feel like you are going to "fly away", so grounding is needed.
Go to Top of Page

Bill

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  11:30:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Yoda,
In that tai chi chuan has both yin and yang dynamics in a rhythmic pulse there is a balancing going on in the whole body. My experience is that I can feel like the wind can blow through me while at the same time feeling grounded. With ongoing practice this leads to a union of space and energy. In tai chi the yin is like the still side of a hinge and the yang side is the moving leaf of the hinge. Opening and closing. Where they meet is the center of the body and that may change locations slightly depending on the move. Tai chi is a physical art with internal work, nei gong, or yin and yang rhythm, with the mind focussed on the intent of the move, not so much directed to promoting energy flows. The energy develops out of the intent and correct movement. Qi gong directs mind to the energy flow and that is the difference between qi gong, pranayama and tai chi. The energy flow is taken care of in the correct physical movement.
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  8:51:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks all, that was helpful.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  10:08:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The energy flows are quite easy to direct.

It feels like you ran 5 miles on the treadmill and jumped off. Your body just wants to keep moving, it feels compelled to move. The nerves firing off at the rhythme and cycle for so long causes a flow of chi in the body.

This is why we have auto movements of rotating or gyrating. If you can feel the internal flow and allow the body to dance around it, soon you can gain conscious control over it and let the mind tell the chi how to move the body.

If you didn't know how to dance before, you will after.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000