AYPsite.org Forum
 Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Adyashanti quote
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2007 :  10:48:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello to all,

I was listening to an Adyashanti CD I have in my car and something he said, so simple, and such an afterthought that he almost mumbled it, hit me like a ton of bricks, so I thought I would share it.

Now I realize that what is profound to one person is meaningless to another and visa versa and that it may seem incredibly basic but it sure set me free a few degrees more.

"There is no place more advantageous than another"
Adyashanti

When you boil it down, it's all good on some level. We spend our whole lives trying to jump from one situation into another, or get to somewhere other than where we are, not realizing or appreciating the value of where we are. Difficult situations yield more personal growth and learning, if you look closely enough at every situation you are in there is value on some level even when it's not apparent at first.

It is funny because this is apparent to me in many areas of my life, but there was one area that sure needed to hear this. All I know is that it sure makes me feel at ease...

Enjoy!

A

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  01:51:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, thanks for that post Anthem; made me relax a little more.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  1:10:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's an Adyashanti quote that I like:

"The truth is that you are already what you are seeking. You are looking for God with his eyes"

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  1:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great quote Anthem.. yeah, like every situation is an opportunity to open some more.. In different ways..

Edited by - Yonatan on Oct 02 2009 1:34:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  2:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you Yonatan for bringing up this post again... and that's beautiful Anthem

namaste
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  3:54:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's another Adya quote from "Emptiness Dancing" that really hit me when I read it:

"You'll see from the silence that every way the mind moves is just a movement of thought that has no reality to it and becomes real only if you believe it. Thoughts are just moving through consciousness. They have no power. Nothing has reality until you reach it, grab it, and somehow impregnate it with the power of belief"

Chapter 8 pg. 51 Emptiness Dancing.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000