AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Yogani's Dual/Non-Dual Distinction
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2007 :  01:13:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Meg,

quote:
Some people find that as their practices deepen and they start to have experiences of That, the Self, there's a familiarity to it, a feeling like "I've been here before..." I used to have the internal sensation of expansive emptiness fairly often, as well as the feeling of a profound presence, but when I tried to explain this to my parents, they talked me out of it, and by the time I was 5 or 6 it was all but gone. (sigh) So yes, the practices are essential for the 'crossover' to non-duality, but I'd call it more of a 'crossing back' to whence we started. And it's not so much that we're developing inner silence, but remembering it. The practices of duality are essentially reductive, clearing away the gook until we start to remember who we really are and always have been. Closing the gap, so to speak.

Yes, we all knew this state as a small child, but I think many people do not remember it, or remember it very vaguely. I think that is why Jesus used to say that we should become like little children.
quote:
I'd prefer to be in a state of oneness, and by that I mean I'd like to be enlightened. But if I had the choice of going backwards and having it happen in my early years, versus moving forward and having it happen in my later years, I'd choose the latter. Just like I'd prefer to build my own riches than be born into wealth...it's simply more interesting to me.

I'd agree. When we are a small child, we are awake to the oneness of existence, but we do not have wisdom. So when someone tries to deny our reality, and pull us out of that awareness, we let them. When we have wisdom, we don't.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2007 :  2:25:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

This post has been deleted because of political correctness.

Jill

Edited by - jillatay on Mar 29 2007 8:43:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2007 :  4:08:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shades of grey

At first was a sense
of connection
A surfacing source
in the depth

How luscious to not be alone!

Yet -
in marriage
there still is two

Unity
But two

Ecstacy
But two

Connected to Source,
but as just a part

The question:

How can I forget
what is never forgotten?
How can I not see
what is already seen?

Gradually...the crossing

No matter the words,
they will always fall short
Since what's spoken
itself is the fall

Better be still then
Silence cannot be devided

How peaceful to be alone!

Even unity...
is redundant in Oneness

Nothing at all
can be truly remembered

Since she who remembers is all

Katrine 2007

Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2007 :  7:27:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Katrine!

Lovely poetry...thank you for sharing it with us!

It reminded me of something I heard many years ago from my Tibetan Buddhist Teacher, Lama Sherab Tsurton Rinpoche, regarding the Absolute. He said that the Essence of Emptiness, revealed and experienced in the Absolute, is simply to live life as it is, however that may be manifested in the Present Moment.

He also said that in this State of Consciousness there is no variation of color, no rigidly defined black or white, and no shades of gray...only the totally exposed Self, without the covering of conditioned thinking.

Hari OM!

Doc
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2007 :  12:24:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

As always, beautiful words Katrine, thank you

Edited by - Balance on Mar 28 2007 01:46:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Zelebe

Netherlands
35 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2007 :  1:05:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine, your poem produces me chicken skin
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2007 :  2:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi EMC,

After a brief discussion with another forum member, I wanted to say that although I (personally) loved your joke about Adam and Eve, and am normally always up for a good laugh, perhaps this forum is not a suitable place for blatantly sexist and offensive jokes.
It could upset people, whatever we are projecting in that moment.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2007 :  3:14:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Right you are, Christi!

Thank you for alerting me and excuse my bad taste! The joke is changed immediately!

Edited by - emc on Mar 29 2007 3:19:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  12:53:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Right you are, Christi!

Thank you for alerting me and excuse my bad taste! The joke is changed immediately!

Thanks EMC
Go to Top of Page

Mike

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  4:51:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc
The joke is changed immediately!

What so now the woman is p***ing up the tree and the man gets the brain

Keep smiling - when you laugh you cant be serious or cross ... on the other hand when you are serious or cross you cant be laughing

Mike

ps anyone know any politically correct jokes, that are not of potential insult to the thinnest skinned of any group, that are actually funny?

pps I love these deep debates about dual/non-dual distinctions {hey is that an acceptable joke or am I being disrespectful to philosophers?! }

ppps there was an Englishmen, and Irishman and a Yogi... but I better not go further...

pppps political correctness (he says desperately trying to veer back on-topic...) is presumably not non-dual?!

Edited by - Mike on Mar 30 2007 6:07:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  6:29:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Mike!

This ONE is for you!

http://www.madhukarthompson.com/net...d_med_p1.jpg

Hari Om Tatsat Jai Guru Datta!

Doc

Edited by - Doc on Mar 30 2007 6:56:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  8:20:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"This fellow was climbing a tree when suddenly he slipped. He grabbed a branch and was hanging there. After an hour or so passed, he was feeling exhausted. He looked up to the heavens and cried out: "God, help me, please, help me."
Suddenly the clouds parted and a deep voice resounded, "Let Go!"
The guy paused and looked up at heaven once more, and said: "Is there anyone else up there?"

http://www.swamij.com/jokes.htm

LOL:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Mar 30 2007 9:38:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  10:27:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

VIL:

Oh, Ye of little faith, eh? Let go and let God? Are you out of your mind? What a novel concept!

Doc
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  10:27:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the jokes guys! I was a little down and they cheered me up
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  11:16:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
VIL:

Oh, Ye of little faith, eh? Let go and let God? Are you out of your mind? What a novel concept!

Doc

LOL, although Faith came before the letting go:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2007 :  12:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Yo, VIL:

Amen to that, brother! You da man!

http://www.getreligion.org/wp-conte...ddyJesus.jpg

Doc
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2007 :  8:38:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Funny pic, Doc:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2009 :  11:40:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000