Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Dynamo Jack
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2007 :  09:51:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
All this is extremely controversial of course, but here's a ten minute video of the "Magus of Java":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXwiB12-gp4

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2007 :  10:32:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yoda for this link, if it is true, it is pretty amazing stuff! (I hope it is)

A

Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2007 :  12:32:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting isn't it?

Just to summarize the link, Dynamo Jack is said to be a very powerful healer from a tradition in China that cultivates an "electric chi" that anyone can easily feel that can be used for healing or martial arts purposes. There is a healer in NYC, from a different taoist lineage, who has similar powers in case anyone wants to check it out. If so, I'll dig up his website.

Dynamo Jack's lineage is extremely controversial... lots of talk of super powers and fantastical stories. Also, many think that these powers are largely determined by birth and not easy to cultivate through practice. Also, there's the criticism that pursuing these powers, even for healing, can be a tangential concern.

The healer in NYC pretty much was born with electric chi which he then refined through practice, for instance.
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2007 :  12:53:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the link to the NYC 'electric chi' healer:

http://www.robertpeng.com/

I've heard two first hand accounts of Robert Peng's 'electric chi' healing powers. So if anyone wants to test this sort of thing, just buy a treatment and judge for yourself.

Robert Peng is not from Dynamo Jack's lineage, just simply similar abilities.

I don't have any first hand experience with electric chi, but it is interesting. I did see an interesting documentary called "The Power of the Mind" by Bill Moyers... there was a martial artist who could make 20 people shake and dance involuntarily. Bill didn't try it out for himself, however.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2007 :  06:21:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool video, and great end! It always strikes back to show off in public. No wonder the masters hide!

Reminds me of a conscious dream I had, when I was out walking in the mountains, came to a house. Entered and inside was a restaurant. With no stove. Only one asian man who put food on a plate, put a hand above it and in a few seconds the food was steaming and hot. He smiled at me. I said "You are a real master, aren't you". "Yes, I am" he said and smiled happily! I guess I got some lessons from him that night, but I am afraid I don't remember more than this conscious episode. I just remember I was heavily impressed!
Go to Top of Page

Swami Vajra

42 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2007 :  2:14:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Swami Vajra's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to chime in on this topic of chi and the ability to express it outside of the body.

For the sake of an example I offer this link http://www.karatebreaking.com/clif.html

In this pic I am doing a head break on six 2 inch slabs of cement. You may notice in the pic that the top four slabs are not just broken in half, but they have the centers puched out just as wide as my forehead. This is from the expression of chi through my forehead. The actual strike was not very hard, you do that and you will damage your brain.

What I find amusing now is that once i became able to do things like moving or stopping someone without touching them, expressing chi into 3 2inch concrete slabs and breaking only the bottom one or the bottom two, etc. I completely lost interest in doing such things. It just seemed kinda silly and without any real purpose other than to assure myself such things are possible.

It's much like the experience of Wilder when he was able to toss clothes about in his room. What did he get for his effort and use of a Divine potential? A messy room, lol! I made a mess with concrete and cement. In the end it really wasn't the least bit satisfying, it just opened my paradigm a bit. Plus, I became a bit ashamed because the use of such skills is really not to be displayed to the uninitiated according to tradition.

I find it interesting now that I never really learned to do the internal energy stuff, it just happened one day while doing a demonstration for our dojo. I was preparing to do a head break with six inches of cement (hadn't yet worked up to the 12 inches I did in the pic) I was going through my customary preparation to do the break, as I was doing my little routine I placed my head on the stack to familiarize myself with the point of impact and to see the strike going through to the bottom of the stack. As I was doing this with my head just sitting on the top slab, it broke! Nothing amazing or flashy, it just broke in two and the break stopped there, it just sat on the second slab. I was immediately mortified thinking I had put on a cracked slab or that the audience would now think the slabs were rigged. While I was standing there dumbfounded, my Sensei quickly cleared the broken slab, placed a new one and whispered in my ear "Don't think, just DO!" I stepped back to the stack and very simply DID. The break went fine, I was uninjured. As we were loading up to leave the demonstration I went to my Sensei and apologized for bringing shame on the school with what had happened in the eyes of the audience. Sensei just smiled, shook his head and said, "You have no idea what just happened.". He was right. To this day I cannot explain how or why it happened. I now have a much better understanding of and control over the chi and went on to study energetic healing modalities and found it is all exactly the same. It is the same "force" in manifestation that can kill or heal as the intent of the wielder chooses. Then it became clear to me that the potential for the healing or the breaking was within the recipient or target, if that makes sense. It seems that what really happens is, expecially in the case of healing, the encounter with the healer and the experience of tingles, heat, cold, the intense calmness that comes over them, etc. is actually a mechanism that allows them to let the healing power within themselves deal with the issue. Like they give themselves permission, I only represented the possibility to them and they did the rest themselves.

I'm sure the parallels to the yogin are fairly evident.

There really is a point to the ramblings of a silly swami other than self-aggrandizement. I hope that point is clear.

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2007 :  09:39:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.martialdevelopment.com/b...lts/#more-85

Can anyone good in electricity explain what this guy is doing? And what is the relationship with electricity and electric chi?

Now I am confused.
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2007 :  2:57:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Swami Vajra:

"I would like to chime in on this topic of chi and the ability to express it outside of the body."

For the sake of an example I offer this link http://www.karatebreaking.com/clif.html

"This is from the expression of chi through my forehead."

Hello SV:

With all due respect for your martial arts skill and your breaking technique, I see your breaking demo as a demonstration of applied physics rather than as a demonstration of internal power expressed through the forehead.

It is a well known fact, even among seasoned martial artists, that when sufficient external force is applied to the center of a stack of any type of breaking materials, which are solidly supported on both sides at the bottom, as yours were, and separated by 'spacers' on both sides in between each item in the stack, also as yours were, that the force applied to the uppermost board, concrete brick, or roofing tile, will be transferred to the solid supports on both sides at the bottom by way of the 'spacers' in between each piece in the stack.

If you were to break a stack of six or more of those same concrete patio bricks placed one atop the other, on a towel or pad resting directly on the floor, and without any 'spacers' in between each one, then we're talking about something more than mere brute force or external power in the breaking technique. In an 'Iron Palm' demonstration, for example, as shown in the link below, the demonstrator was not only able to break 12 bricks stacked directly on the floor, without 'spacers' in between each or supports on each side at the bottom, but was also able to break any one of the bricks in the stack, while leaving all of the others unbroken. THIS is Internal Power being directed by the mind to a point specific target. Check it out here:

http://www.buksing.com/history/ku_y...k_y_c_3.html

Regards ~

Doc

Edited by - Doc on Mar 26 2007 2:59:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2007 :  7:52:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
SV,

Thanks for sharing... that's pretty cool! Sure, this sort of thing probably isn't a mandatory siddhi or anything, but I'm sure that the qualities that you developed in your MA training have served you well in other areas of life as well as in yogic cultivation, yes?

Yoda
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2007 :  8:26:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi EMC,

I really AM a master...he smiled happily...electrician. I didn't see any video there, but I read where the link lead me. You can store a lot of electrical charge in your body, through static electricity or high voltage sources. You have to be careful because it will discharge wherever you come close to a "ground", which is any conductor connected to the ground.
No, it's not the same thing as electric chi, if there is such a thing.
Chi is life force, not electricity. Electricity is forces caused by electrons moving between molecules, and chi is unmeasurable so far by science. The meridians and acupuncture points in the body can be sensed by electrical equipment, as they are electrical conductors. but there is something else travelling in them besides electricity, and science doesn't have any idea what it is yet, even though it is related to electricity somehow.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2007 :  12:36:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hm? The video is just below the text on Capacitance, just click on the picture.

Thanks a lot for the response Ether! Is it possible to contain the static electricity without holding on to the high voltage source? For how long can you store the electricity without getting internal damage? The guy leads it out through his finger - can you choose where it will go out when you connect with ground or will it happen wherever the body touches ground?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000