Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 RetroCausality
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ajna

India
59 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  01:54:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit ajna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Interesting article

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic...5LNJSBF1.DTL

Cheers

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  7:53:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good article.
Still the thinking of some scientists never ceases to amaze me (and strike me as ROTFL hilarious at the same time)
From the article:

"If the conditions necessary for life are somehow written into the universe at the Big Bang, there must be some sort of two-way link."

Yeah, that's the only conclusion I can think of. . . . .

But about retro-causality, Castaneda had some good stuff on this.
The past only exists in our memories, right? Try taking some period in the past that you have a strong feeling about, maybe sadness, or whatever. Then spend some time soul searching to find memories that would be the exact opposite of the emotions you remember. If you spend enough time on it, a little at a time, over several weeks, you will eventually come up with memories that you had forgotten, and realize the time period was actually completely different than you originally remembered. Castaneda says this is changing the past, and I agree.

P.S. The military should help fund this. It could be very helpful in Iraq.

Edited by - Etherfish on Mar 21 2007 7:57:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

ajna

India
59 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2007 :  01:17:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit ajna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Etherfish

What strikes me is that if this experiment on retrocausality succeeds we have concrete scientific proof of destiny and non-existence of free-will. But i doubt if nature will give up its secrets so easily . Regarding the memory part, due to opening of my third eye (presumably based on symptoms), i get lots of memories of things i messed up and the reverse. These memories pop-up un-invited and i just could not get out of it for few days (for each bad memory). After few days the mind finds a counter suggestion on its own to defend me and the bad memory stops to haunt me. Its been amazing as well as horrible. Till now the memories are just from current life. Hopefully the past lives will not be dug into!!.

Fred Allen Wolf in his book "Mind into Matter" says that every story (small as well big) in our lives and the universe cannot start without the ending being decided. Meaning, the end is already destined at the same time the story starts. RetroCausality put in lay man's term.

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2007 :  07:38:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think free will is a real and usable tool. If there was no such thing, then why do some people have so much bad karma and others good? Is it because God treats people unfairly and just likes some people more than others?
What retrocausality would prove is that our free will affects the past and future, as well as the present.
Go to Top of Page

ajna

India
59 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2007 :  09:06:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit ajna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Is it because God treats people unfairly and just likes some people more than others?
What retrocausality would prove is that our free will affects the past and future, as well as the present.

Thats a zillion dollar question. My speculative take on that is God sees everything (including pain and pleasure) as light/Brahman/divine substance . So from his/her/its perspective everything looks the same. Then why does human mind exists to discriminate and experience variety?? May be thats why saints have told that human mind is a myth/unreal

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2007 :  9:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That sounds pretty boring for everything to look the same! I bet God enjoys the variety brought about by the human mind, but he doesn't take it personally, which is a function of attachment/identification.
in other words, I think everything can be seen as divine substance while still enjoying the variety of the movie we are creating.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2007 :  11:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, our experience is just a part of "God's" experience. Life as god is life as a person, a beast, a volcano, an electron. God is consciousness itself. And never mind just these human experiences, I'd say these animal experiences are probably the tiniest part of the whole thing. We aren't even 0.01% of it, we animal forms. It's a surging, eternal, cascading foam, with entire universes being the tiniest bubbles in the froth.
Go to Top of Page

ajna

India
59 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2007 :  01:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit ajna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by david_obsidian

Yes, our experience is just a part of "God's" experience. Life as god is life as a person, a beast, a volcano, an electron. God is consciousness itself. And never mind just these human experiences, I'd say these animal experiences are probably the tiniest part of the whole thing. We aren't even 0.01% of it, we animal forms. It's a surging, eternal, cascading foam, with entire universes being the tiniest bubbles in the froth.

Hi Etherfish and David

You said it all. As an aside, whenever i ask myself why God would want to experience all these, "WHY NOT" is the answer i get. Once, the art of living guru Sri Sri RaviShankar was asked why he chose to name his organization as "Art of Living". His reply was, this question would have been asked for any other name also. Like that, whatever may be the nature of existence, still the question why all this arises intrinsically.

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2007 :  9:13:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

"If the conditions necessary for life are somehow written into the universe at the Big Bang, there must be some sort of two-way link."

Maybe so. Perhaps that explains why the outward expansion of material generated by the 'Big Bang' is expected to eventually stop, causing everything which was initially projected outward to then return backward from whence it came, collapsing into itself at the point of origin...like a Black Hole.

Could it be that the mind attuned to and At-One with the Great Ocean of Divine Consciousness, unlimited and unconditioned by the Illusions of a Space and Time Continuum, is also able to transit the grid in both directions, as a type of Siddhi? Such as that which enables one to become either infinitely large or infinitely small with equal ease?

Interesting and intriguing concepts, aren't they?

Hari OM!

Doc
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000