Advice please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  10:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One more thing. I said, above, "If your anxiety isn't so bad that it prevents you from sitting peacefully, you can try starting AYP meditation concurrently with your asana practice."

I'd suggest you let your inner guru make this decision after a couple of asana classes. Do you feel that, even though your energy and anxiety are less than ideal, you can sit for 20 mins without growing frustrated or having a bad experience? If so, I highly recommend AYP, which is really simple and pleasurable.

But the thing is, if the sitting, at this point, is going to leave you feeling messy and frustrated, it's best to hold off and let asana straighten you out first (and do give it a year or two...you'll know, don't worry!). It's not a good thing to imprint the practice of meditation as being an overwrought thing; meditation is something that needs to happen like clockwork every day, and the weight of bad experiences may work against establishing a really consistent practice, even after the anxiety has cleared. It should all feel great: the asanas, the meditation, everything. None of this is like taking bitter medicine! ;)
Go to Top of Page

hopeless meditator

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  11:32:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit hopeless meditator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great!

Many thanks, Jim.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000