Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Do you ever outgrow the AYP practice?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  12:50:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

I just had a convo with a pal who said he doesn't practice AYP anymore. I can totally see that he has made some incredible progress in his life and he should certainly follow his heart on the matter, but it got me wondering if one ever outgrows the AYP protocol?

When your kundalini has opened and even your parents concede that you are "very aware," etc... do you just ditch the raft that helped you cross the river as the Buddhists sometimes say?

According to my Mom, this is quite the hypothetical inquiry on my part. But still, I'm curious.

Yoda

PS Earlier today I saw, in shoe polish on a car window, "I heart AM".

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  1:12:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yoda,
Well I guess the simple answer is it depends on your bhakti.As the object of yoga is to ultimately join with God then it deoends on where you actually want to go.Some are quite content to simply enjoy greater peace and health improvement.These alone are a great asset.
As far as awakening the Kundalini, this is only a starting point and all that we do before then is preparation.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  12:24:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yoda, in a southern california license plate I saw "RUN 4 IAM" and I thought of someone running for his meditation pillow and meditating..... It made me smile.....
Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  01:11:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yoda,

Did your pal find some other path or did he ditch yoga all together? In which case he is most likely to not retain the benefits over the long run. Yogi Bhajan said it is easy to awaken kundalini. The challenge is to keep it awakenend.

All the best,
Paul
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  02:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYP hasn't been around on the internet for very long. i have a very hard time believing that anyone has completed the course and moved on. We are ALL beginners in this particular practice. I say to give it a few decades...
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  02:35:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The set of lessons is very comprehensive, but I understand what you mean. The lessons do not lay out the path that we all experienceo on a personal level. Sometimes our individual experiences diverge from the flow of the lessons.

Though my path sometimes does not follow complete with AYP guidelines, I still haven't experienced any blue orb.

So when on a journey, keep an open mind. Your path will probably align with many other paths along the way, on and off.
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  11:15:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
He's going for the self inquiry angle from Adyashanti. Personally, I don't get too far with self inquiry myself, but he is higher up on the mountain where a self inquiry approach would have a better vantage point.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2007 :  01:16:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yoda,

There isn't a mountain, so you can't get higher up on it. And who is there to inquire about? I think your friend is probably wasting his time.

Just my 2 pennies

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000