AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 My first book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2007 :  07:29:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I will be releasing my first book, which I have been putting together for the past year.

It is called:

Healing Poetry for the sick and Joyous

By

Alexander Crane

Dedicated to:

Whoever reads it.

Just putting this energy out there. If anyone has any suggestions on how to market, distribute, and sell it, please feel free to offer them.

My plan so far is to rely on my family, local spiritual community, Amazon, and some people I know in some other areas of the country.

Much love
Alexander

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 14 2007 07:35:10 AM

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2007 :  6:20:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's fantastic, Alexander. Congratulations. Let us know when they're available.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2007 :  9:53:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much, meg! I cannot tell you how much I appriciate your support.

I took my niece to the pond the other day so she could make a wish. I told her mine are all coming true. My wish as a boy was to become a writer.

She made her wishes.

A neat thing was I through the penny really far and a giant bird flew past. I almost hit it, as I didn't see it when I lofted it into the water. It was that fast. Had she not turned and said look at the giant bird, I would've thought my imagination was playing tricks. Early in the day I told her the myth about birds carrying messages. I said to her, it must be taking my wish on special delivery.

Took my nephew the next day. He wants a pirates toy. Soon I will get him the one he wants and sneak it into his room when no one is watching. :)

Thanks again for your warm words.

Alexander

Edited by - Kyman on Feb 14 2007 10:02:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  08:07:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Was the bird a Crane? Or is that asking too much? :)
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  08:44:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha, no. Crane just popped into my head, much like a poem. Then when I was researching stuff about publishing I came across a list of others. There was Crane, Stephen, plain as day.

I researched him and found out that he was a writer and poet who died at the age of 29 during or after the civil war. I read some of his poetry and was very surprised to see similarities. He was a lover, not a fight, who wrote poetry about the war, which has a profoundly healing effect.

Either Crane is somehow connected to me or by investigating him I will uncover new ideas and interests to explore. Could be a mean to finding the next step. Because of the seemingly non stop synchronousities and convergences of fate, the thought has not escaped my mind. Interesting.

No, I don't think it was because it was slinder. It was rather bulky and had a wingspan of about 2 1/2 feet. Oddly, when I took my nephew out the next day we did see a crane. As we turned the corner to near the pond there it was, I told them to stand still and be silent. Then we sat down where we were and the crane didn't fly off. It just chilled for a bit. Then I gave me niece permission to approach it slowly. She got close and then the crane adjusted its position on the circumference of the pond. :)

Edited by - Kyman on Feb 15 2007 08:50:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2007 :  7:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I got a myspace site set up, in case anyone wants to check it out. When the links to amazon are up and running I will update.

http://www.myspace.com/AlexanderCrane

Thanks for everyone's support.

Edited by - Kyman on Mar 03 2007 7:49:32 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000