Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 lambani mudra???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bindu

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2007 :  3:10:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was told it is a good idea that one practices lambani mudra before he progresses to kechari mudra, so that he does not "fry" everything below his navel. Well you can imagine that this gave me second thoughts about kechari, and although I have looked I can not find anything about lambani mudra anywhere. Has anyone heard of this practice? I have never come across it other then this one instance, and I have never heard of anyone doing damage to their lower regions from kechari mudra. Any thoughts?

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  3:29:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I notice no one has answered this post..I don't think anyone is sure what Lambani Mudra is. Perhaps you could explain and then someone experienced in Kechari can answer you. or do the question marks in the title of your topic mean you dont know either.

Richard

Edited by - Richard on Feb 15 2007 3:32:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  11:16:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've never heard of any damage either.

This post reminds me, what is the mudra called where you pull your nostrils down? It's like the opposite of scrunching it up as if you were angry.

Go to Top of Page

blujett8

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  12:35:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi bindu

SO...there's a fellow over on tribe.com that has all sorts of ideas about kechari....claims to be privy to secret esocteric wisdom which he's under oath not to reveal...he says what you are refering to with the dangers and advocates lambani...though does not offer what lambani is.....I'm not sure if this is the source of your info/inquiry, but he's issuing warnings and going on lists to insert fear without saying much else..?....?....other than that he knows more than anyone else on the list and is not allow to reveal his knowledge......Other than this, I know nothing about dangers with kechari, except for self pacing, nor have I heard of lambani mudra....maybe this guy has some useful info, but the way he presents himself has not vibed well with me....
peace
Heather

Edited by - blujett8 on Feb 16 2007 1:19:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  8:38:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste bindu!

The Lambani are an indigenous minority people of India, the Gypsy Tribe of India, noted for their brightly colored, embroidered fabrics, garments, and women's shoulder bags and pouches, all of which are adorned with little mirrors. They are so famous for their style and designs, that other Indian peoples identify them on site when wearing them.

To the best of my knowledge, however, the Lambani Tribe is not known for any special yoga mudras, or for any special dance postures that might be referred to in this way. So the 'Lambani Mudra' must be something created by the person who refers to it on their website, as a 'teaser' to get new business from those who desparately want to know about this 'secret mudra'.

My late Guru, Swami Narayanananda, always replied to inquires about such things by simply saying "It has no meaning", and would immediately move on to the next question.

Hari OM!

Doc

Edited by - Doc on Feb 16 2007 8:51:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

bindu

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2007 :  10:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for so much input guys and sorry for not responding back earlier
Blujet you are absolutely right it was the guy on tribe that told me that stuff
and I was the guy who posted the kechari vajroli semen leakage thing
well ive put off my cutting practice and I seem to be getting nowhere
but I get the 'heat" when i put my tongue far enoough back(when touching the opening)
I plan to start cutting again
so--I hate to ask again and be so whiney butttttt... are there any dangers of kechari mudra if one has the main energy channels open
and takes it slowly???
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2007 :  02:41:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bindu, I have been practicing kechari for almost 3 years now and have noticed no ill effects except that kechari in deep meditation slows down my respiration and general body activity so much that I can get unusually sensitive to disturbances during and immediately after practice. Its like almost a suspended very refined state and noises or other annoyances have lingering effects. otherwise I am aware of no problems other than the purification experiences that are spoken of frequently here

Edited by - Victor on Feb 26 2007 12:27:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

bindu

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2007 :  09:21:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
that does not sound like a problem to me at all!
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  7:05:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just bringing this thread back because I joined tribe and saw what you were talking about. That guy seems full of hot air so perhaps for him kechari might cause excessive pressure.....

Edited by - Victor on Feb 10 2010 7:05:49 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000