Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 technique of using "i am"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GEM24

India
12 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  10:11:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit GEM24's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,
I am not sure if i am using the "i am" mantra in the right way.

I easily start thinking the sound...but for the entire ten minutes I sometimes think of only this. I don't find myself losing the mantra and then gently coming back to it again. This has been happening for quite a few meditations.

Am i doing it right?

Thanks
Gavin

Swami Vajra

42 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  10:24:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Swami Vajra's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gavin,

All is well, if no thoughts intrude, so much the better! You seem to clearly understand the dynamic involved, just keep going with it.
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  10:26:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gavin,

This has been asked before, and I will quote Yogani below from this post:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...._ID=678#2269

"It is not necessary to keep picking the mantra up over and over if you are absorbed in it. It is okay to be absorbed like that. It is not concentration. It is samadhi, which is absorption in inner silence."

Good to hear that your meditation is going well!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000