Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 bootstraping inner silence
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GEM24

India
12 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  10:05:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit GEM24's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,
Just a thought I want to put forward. Never tried it yet.

Is it possible to advance our progress in meditation by using the sutra "inner silence" in samyama.

For eg., after one month of meditation, we will have some resident inner silence. Then we start samyama on "inner silence" for a few times.

Will this give rise to the "active witness" sooner?

Has anyone tried this yet?

Will this have no effect or will the purification be too much, in which case we can apply self pacing.

Any thoughts???

Thanks
Gavin

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2007 :  1:14:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by GEM24

Hi everyone,
Just a thought I want to put forward. Never tried it yet.
Is it possible to advance our progress in meditation by using the sutra "inner silence" in samyama.
For eg., after one month of meditation, we will have some resident inner silence. Then we start samyama on "inner silence" for a few times.
Will this give rise to the "active witness" sooner?
Has anyone tried this yet?
Will this have no effect or will the purification be too much, in which case we can apply self pacing.
Any thoughts???
Thanks
Gavin

Hi Gavin,
Nice thought.
Could work. However, after a month of meditation, when you have some resident inner silence.. it may be better to start off with samyama on all 9 sutras (Love, Radiance, Unity, Health, Strength, Abundance, Wisdom, Inner Sensuality, Akasha – Lightness of Air) first. See, each of those sutras are code words used to open and purify different parts of our entire nervous system.. and in the process increase our inner silence.. so sorta kinda aiming for the same thing..
If you look here.. Yogani says..
quote:
As for selection and order of sutras, what you see is my best list based on covering the full range of body, heart, mind and all within and around us
quote:
There is no one sutra (or yogic technique) that replaces everything else. It takes an effective integration of methods and tools to achieve the full benefits of yoga.

To this, if you so desire, you could add "inner silence" and see how it works.. why not?

After some time of doing this practice you will find a certain word may appeal to you as a sutra.. you can then add it to your routine too.

So, if you'd like to try "inner silence"... go ahead.. but if you want to be sure that something is happening.. you may want to get into a stable routine of the 9 sutras and then add "inner silence"...

And of course.. like you have said above.. keep an eye on any excess purification symptoms.. and remember.. self pace.

If possible check out Yogani's new samyama book

Edited by - Shanti on Feb 09 2007 1:23:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2007 :  7:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi GEM24 and Shanti,

I am nearly finished with Yogani's book Samyama. (Great work Divine Sir!) I believe that the sutras that Yogani has carefully lined out will be suffice to initiate more inner silence. Particularly the sutra "Akasha - lightness of air".

I would suggest that you give it a try for a couple of months. If you aren't satisfied with the results then maybe add "inner silence" and keep us posted on the results.

I agree with Shanti/Shweta, check out Yogani's Samyama book. It takes the Samyama lesson and expounds on it beautifully. It certainly is a treasure!

With Peace,
Paul
Go to Top of Page

neerja1

India
22 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2007 :  01:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit neerja1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi GEM24,

I have recently started with Samyam and feel the nine sutras given by Yogani take care of almost everything for the growth of inner silence..however, if u feel u wud like to try 'inner silence' as one of the sutras, why not..Just go ahead and see if it works for u...BTW for me, inner silence and Akash - lightness of air are almost one and the same...the w..i..d...e expanse one feels inside definitely makes Akash the strongest sutra...it dissolves the entire physical body and makes it one with the universe...an experience which words fail to express...

Keep us posted...

best wishes for your practices

neerja1
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2007 :  09:15:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by neerja1

BTW for me, inner silence and Akash - lightness of air are almost one and the same...the w..i..d...e expanse one feels inside definitely makes Akash the strongest sutra...it dissolves the entire physical body and makes it one with the universe...an experience which words fail to express...

Welcome to the forum Neerja
I am glad samyama is working out well for you.
Wish you all the best in your chosen path.
Go to Top of Page

GEM24

India
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  01:08:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit GEM24's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,
I have purchased the Samyam ebook. A lot of things there to digest.
Just breezed through it a couple of times. Now I have to read it thoroughly.

And thanks for all the replies.

Gavin
Go to Top of Page

neerja1

India
22 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  05:42:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit neerja1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Shanti, it's wonderful to be part of this forum...Thank you once again...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000