Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nostalgico

Poland
28 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2024 :  08:55:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello, what to focus on during the day ?
1. breath
2. inner om sound
3. on the mantra
4. on the ajna

I ask you because when I ask a question via email to the Kriya organization they never answer, I understand that it is important to have personal contact with the master, but not everyone can travel.

Thanks.

Christi

United Kingdom
4487 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2024 :  10:24:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nostalgico,

Just live your life during the day, without focussing on anything in particular.

Don't focus on the mantra, as that would confuse the mind. It is better to keep the mantra only for meditation practice, so that the mind learns that the mantra is used in a specific way, to cultivate inner silence. Focussing on the ajna chakra during the day could potentially over-activate that chakra, which is not fun at all. Focussing on the breath, or the inner sounds can effectively be doubling-up on practices, which can lead to excess.

So, it is best to let go of the idea that you should be focussing on anything special, or anything in particular outside of practice time and just enjoy your life.

If you follow the AYP lessons through, there are practices that we can use outside of structured practice time on the mat, and you can gradually begin to incorporate these into your daily life. One is samyama practice, which can be used during the day as well as during structured practices. Cosmic Samyama can also be used during the day, as can siddhasana, kechari mudra, self-inquiry practices, karma yoga, bhakti practices and so on. There is plenty to do, for anyone who is drawn to this aspect of the practice. But it is best to follow the lessons through, and add things as you come to them in the lessons.

Generally, practices done off the mat are more for intermediate to advanced level practitioners and should be a natural progression of their practice.
Go to Top of Page

Nostalgico

Poland
28 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2024 :  02:18:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for your beautiful answer, I did not expect such a response.

Thank you very much again Christi.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000