Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kundalini rising after Vipassana 4 years ago
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Harerama

Sweden
1 Posts

Posted - May 20 2024 :  8:26:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
1.What are your symptoms and how long have you had them? Are your symptoms primarily physical, psychological, or both?

The main symtoms is sensation of energy stuck by the solar plexus and my physical heart. When my body get agitated/stressed It goes up to the throat. Which makes me burp a lot. Now and then I have risings that goes through my testicles and up to my physical heart in the front of the body (No spinal risings). It mostly happens when I lay down at night. I have a lot of prana in my head and specially the eyes, so I have difficulties to focus. I had this since the big rising I had 4 years ago. But the Eye and head thing started after a daoistic practice where I was supposed to move around energy, which just made it worse. The eye thing specially occurs when I need to focus with my eyes. I have had nausea the latest 3 weeks.

2. Are your symptoms ongoing, or intermittent? If intermittent, when are they most likely to occur -- during what kind of activity and/or time of the day? Is your sleep affected?

Yes it happens more when I go to bed or at night around 2-4pm. I wake up with a stuckness in the solar plexus. I have periods of sleeping very bad so I have been using sleeping pills for some years. But I quitted six month ago to let the body process what in needs to process at nighttime. The latest days I have been sleeping a bit better. Like 6,5-7hrs.

3. Do you consider your situation with kundalini to be the result of spiritual practices, or do you regard it to be spontaneous?

I did a 10 day Vipassana retreat and was doing the practice wrongly (moving energy in to the heart).

4. What sort of spiritual practices have you been engaged in, if any? How long? How often? Are you aware that excessive spiritual practice can aggravate kundalini, often with a delayed reaction?

I had never done any spiritual practice before that.(except modern yoga like Iyengar and Ashtanga) So I didn?t now what I was doing. I had never heard about Kundalini before and I thought that I was going to die. This was my second vipassana 10 day retreat

5. Do you consider yourself to be “sensitive? to spiritual practices? If so, with what practices, and what sort of measures have you taken to accommodate your sensitivity?

Yes, I have stopped doing practice that stirs up or create more prana. For example no visualization practice of moving energy around or heavy breath work.

6. Do you think drugs have contributed to your kundalini situation? No

7. Have you experienced traumatic events in your life that may have a bearing on your current symptoms?

Yes I think abuse and other stuff is the main reason of the block I have in the solar plexus, heart and the throat.

8. Is your sexual lifestyle affecting your symptoms? Are you aware that obsessively limiting sexual release can increase kundalini energy and symptoms?

No it is not effecting the symtoms (I haven?t had so much neither). Yes sometimes I make a release to release the excessive energy in my body.

9. What is your general diet? Are you aware that a lighter diet can stimulate kundalini?

I try to eat heavy. Pita Diet: long cooked food instead of fried etc.

10. Do you engage in moderate exercise regularly, like walking, yard work, etc? Are you aware that regular exercise can help stabilize ("ground") kundalini symptoms?

Yes. I do less spiritual practice and more walking and weight lifting . I feel that I need more of it than I do, specially walking

11. Are you a highly devotional person? Are you aware that excessive devotional activity, satsang or spiritual study can aggravate an active kundalini?

I have gotten more devotional the last year. Praying, satsangs etc. It might be so that I need to slow down the Bhakti life style also.

12. Are you engaged in ordinary daily activities like a job, school, family, parenting, social activity, service to others? Are you aware that such activities, undertaken without spiritual intention or expectations, can help ground excessive kundalini energies?

Im a father (every second week). I have been avoiding work the latest years. Just started to make my own business. This is a part that I feel I lack. More social life in general.

13. Have you been examined and treated by a medical doctor or mental health professional for your symptoms in the past? If so, what was the result?

It was only on the beginning when I thought I was dying and couldn?t sleep. I got anti psychotic medicine and of course it was just blocking the rewiring that was happening. I slept better though.

14. Are there other factors and/or measures you are taking in relation to your situation that are not covered above?

When I have bigger risings a lot of energy starts to accumulate in my physical heart and goes out in the body to rewire different things, for example a soreness in a muscle. When the energy loosen its power, it goes back to the heart to accumulate more energy. Its like a recharging station. But it happens seldom since I don?t go to longer meditation retreats anymore.

15. Optional: What is your approximate age (teen, 20s, 30s, 40s, etc.)? What is your gender? We ask because the manifestation of kundalini symptoms can be affected by these factors.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000