Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 The epitome of being anal when posting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2007 :  6:18:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Are you one of those forum posters who can't get it right the first time, and is constantly going back and editing? Then if you're really anal, you don't like the "edited by.." line at the bottom.

Well, you know you can remove the evidence by selecting all of the post, copying it, clicking on the trash can, and pasting what you copied as a new post! This reminds me of my German grandmother ironing the bed sheets, dusting the legs of the coffee table, and dressing up for dinner.

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2007 :  6:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ether,

Will the post still stay in the same position inside other posts if it's not the last post in a topic?
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2007 :  7:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've used the same technique occasionally, but, unfortunately, as weaver said, it only works if it is the last post. Eventually I gave up trying to look non-neurotic and I never bother with the technique any more.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jan 14 2007 7:52:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2007 :  8:07:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hilarious, David!

But if you have waited so it's not the last post, and it's not 3a.m., then you're not really neurotic anyway.

Edited by - Etherfish on Jan 14 2007 8:09:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  11:48:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thankfully every single edit isn't listed per postI would have a stack of them in some cases!

Your's truly, anal alan

Edited by - Balance on Jan 15 2007 11:54:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  11:54:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, count our blessings, you can imagine how neurotic we would look if every edit showed up.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jan 15 2007 11:54:47 AM

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jan 15 2007 11:55:15 AM

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jan 15 2007 11:56:39 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000