Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 AYP for the Blind and Visually Impaired
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  7:25:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Got into a conversation with a blind person on another forum who was asking about meditation. Someone else actually got there before me in recommending the Deep Meditation book.

Anyway it transpires that the books are no use to this person but he/she can read the lessons in this site with the use of a program called JAWS.

Another plus for the AYP system.

Edited by - Sparkle on Jan 15 2007 6:14:25 PM

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  7:34:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good to hear Louis!

Edited by - weaver on Jan 14 2007 10:53:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  11:54:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool. But wouldn't that also mean that they can read the book with JAWS as soon as it is an e-book? Hope so.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2007 :  4:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Yes, the ebooks are enabled for audio generators (every AYP book is available in ebook format), plus we have audiobooks for the E-Series books read by guess-who coming, starting sometime this year with Deep Meditation -- downloadable MP3s.

There is sensitivity to the needs of the visually impaired here. Have been in touch with several folks in that mode since early on, and doing what I can to help.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2007 :  7:21:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's great news about the e-books and forthcoming audibooks Yogani. I will let the persosn in question know.

I intend also to contact the local blind associations to let them know about the AYP system.

Louis.

BTW. I changed the title of this thread, just in case anyone noticed!!.

Edited by - Sparkle on Jan 14 2007 7:22:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nameless

23 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2007 :  8:12:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nameless's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hey Sparkle
nice to meet you here :)
I randomly go to that spiritual forum and so happen we meet each other there :D

Yup internet is getting blind friendly ^_^

Yogani,
maybe it is a good idea if the lessons are made on you Tube
http://www.youtube.com/

it is a great way to teach cool stuffs with visual + sound ,
for example EFT like this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCAnk-NtLbE
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2007 :  8:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shouldn't it be "AYP for the visually impaired?"

You're da man, Louis for spreading the word.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  6:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nameless, yes nice to meet you.

u-tube is great and really catching on, there have been many references to it on this forum already.
I think Yogani prefers to remain anonymous so u-tube would probably not be an option for the moment

Nice one on EFT, didn't know any of the points.

Ether, changed the name again -just for you
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  9:25:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
not necessary, but thanks!
Yogani could wear a mask on U-tube.

OH! and one of those Star Wars voice-changer toys.

Edited by - Etherfish on Jan 15 2007 9:26:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  10:31:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, I was thinking of Groucho glasses, with a cigar, of course.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groucho_glasses

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Nameless

23 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  07:03:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nameless's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great idea
this reminds me of Dr Bombay
rice and curry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMESsnYTX6Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-P7yg03a2A

Edited by - Nameless on Jan 16 2007 07:32:19 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000