Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Obstructions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Muldoon

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2023 :  5:31:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi. Hope all are having a peaceful day. I am reading in the Deep Meditation book. I can not help but wonder what the obstructions are that are being released lodged deep in our nervous system. I have no idea what I am cleaning away. Thank you for any comments.

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2023 :  04:59:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Muldoon.

You are cleaning away hurt, fear, anxiety, karma, trauma, anger, pettiness, cruelty, sadness, abandonment, injustice, loneliness, misunderstandings, disabilities, bad judgement, shame, unmet needs…to varying degrees the human body carries all of this baggage born out of our upbringing, environment, perspective, and lot in life. By bathing in inner silence, by gently returning to the mantra once you are off it, over the years your neurobiology learns to release that which binds us up within. We are sometimes surprised what bubbles forth. By acknowledging what does come forward, and be with it and let it go, over and over if necessary, we open and slowly reveal our true selves.
Go to Top of Page

Muldoon

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2023 :  6:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the explaining the answer in a meaningful way Dogboy. My mind tends to go toward form. If that were so, our brilliant minded scientists would have discovered the obstructions, designed a cleaning process and mechanically cleaning ones nervous system would be big business.

The answer makes so much sense. It seems as though I have two completely opposing thought systems. One containing the baggage and the other, the true self. I can see that as one cleans the baggage, identity with the true self becomes prevalent. It reminds me of what Paul the Apostle said in his letter to the Romans, “For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.” It seems even the great Apostle struggled with remnants of baggage.

The samyama practice is where the experience of bathing in inner silence becomes real to me. Ahhh...some baggage removed, some tranquility experienced.

Thank you for your answer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000