AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Existential suffering
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

compassion

87 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2023 :  3:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone,

I've been meditating for some time, at some times experiencing bliss, ecstasy and other things. At some point though, this seemed to stop. My experience now is just suffering. I don't feel or see God in anything. If I look into my core, I find this suffering that just seems to be for existing. If I focus just on that, it seems to grow greater and greater, almost unbearable. It doesn't seem to move to any resolution.

There have been times on my journey when I have suffered, or gone through difficult times/feelings. But there has usually been a feeling that God is just there, and that it is a process that leads to a resolution. There's a feeling that this is the right way to go, even if it would be challenging.

In this current state, I don't feel that. I don't know if it's right just to live my life, being mindful of this suffering, offering it to a God that in His wisdom chooses to be distant. Or am I doing something completely wrong?

Some guidance would be greatly appreciated.

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2023 :  06:40:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Compassion,

Perhaps you can find some help in these lessons:

https://www.aypsite.com/plus/340.html

https://www.aypsite.com/plus/360.html

Sey
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2023 :  6:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Compassion, Sorry to hear. It isn't clear from your post if you are practicing AYP style meditation. My sense is the path to enlightenment is not linear. There are certainly dark nights of the soul for all of us. A personal relationship with God is certainly not something one can count on. Many who practice meditation are atheists. I think the issue you bring up is how compelling emotional states are. When we feel overwhelmed it can seem personal, as if we are being punished. Yogani often speaks of pain as a normal part of life, suffering as optional. I have come to accept the wisdom in this. I have been a steady practitioner of AYP for over 4 years and have found a gradual improvement in my resilience (i.e. less emotional ups and downs and less getting stuck in negative emotions). It seems a mantra based meditation such as practiced in AYP helps to develop inner silence (bliss/witness). It is from this state liberation from suffering emerges. Not all at once, but gradually. The ecstatic practices which develop the pranic energies, in my opinion, help boost our mood. The combination of a quiet mind (one that doesn't ruminate on negative thoughts that lead to suffering) and an ecstatic mind (one that is bathed in regular currents of upward moving pranic energy) results in liberation from the tight grip of the ego, the source of suffering.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2023 :  12:01:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Compassion,

What does your daily yoga practice consist of?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2023 :  04:12:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
It seems a mantra based meditation such as practiced in AYP helps to develop inner silence (bliss/witness). It is from this state liberation from suffering emerges. Not all at once, but gradually. The ecstatic practices which develop the pranic energies, in my opinion, help boost our mood. The combination of a quiet mind (one that doesn't ruminate on negative thoughts that lead to suffering) and an ecstatic mind (one that is bathed in regular currents of upward moving pranic energy) results in liberation from the tight grip of the ego, the source of suffering.

Yes yes

Compassion, could this be a chemical imbalance or a mental health issue? Are you medically fit? As Christi asks, what’s your practices?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000