Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 How has the Holy Ghost impacted your meditation?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aknaton

Zambia
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2022 :  11:05:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Happy Easter everybody!
I trust that we're piling up on the Easter eggs, lol.
I wanted to ask, how has the Holy Spirit impacted your breath and meditation practices?

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2022 :  9:15:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Akhnaton

You could say the Holy Spirit is the breath.

How is your meditation practice going?
Go to Top of Page

Walter

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2022 :  12:38:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, Aknaton.

As I see it, if God the Father is regarded as Universal Consciousness and God the Son as the Self, then the Holy Spirit is the process whereby one is motivated to seek Unity in the Three. On this basis I would feel that most members of this forum are motivated by what Christians know as the Holy Spirit (or Holy Ghost). Easter may intensify this process for devout Christians, but they would not use the above definitions, and may even regard such an idea as blasphemous. For myself, brought up very loosely as a Christian, but subsequently seeking beyond, I feel comfortable to reconcile Christianity and Hinduism along these lines.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2022 :  02:49:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
For myself, brought up very loosely as a Christian, but subsequently seeking beyond, I feel comfortable to reconcile Christianity and Hinduism along these lines.

This is my take as well, and it’s wonderful to have your temple as well as Spirit with you, wherever you happen to Be. I don’t know if Holy Spirit is breath, but it sure likes to play along with it
Go to Top of Page

Aknaton

Zambia
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2022 :  12:15:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Aknaton

Happy Easter everybody!
I trust that we're piling up on the Easter eggs, lol.
I wanted to ask, how has the Holy Spirit impacted your breath and meditation practices?

My meditation is going well. The Holy Spirit told me to get rid of the spinal breathing and all other core pranayama practices. Initially, I was trying to draw in and increase panic capacity, but the Holy Spirit told me that I don't need to rely on my own energy or that of the Universe, that He is ready and willing to give me of His Divine energy. He also taught me the difference prana and divine energy. I think I should post it soon.
"The Holy Spirit is the breath", that's an interesting opinion. I totally understand where your coming from with this and I too never had encounters with the Holy Spirit in the past. I also thought He was the breath, or a big air, or some thing like that. I thank God that that changed, I now meet Him as He Is and He communicates with me.
Go to Top of Page

Aknaton

Zambia
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2022 :  12:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Walter

Hello, Aknaton.

As I see it, if God the Father is regarded as Universal Consciousness and God the Son as the Self, then the Holy Spirit is the process whereby one is motivated to seek Unity in the Three. On this basis I would feel that most members of this forum are motivated by what Christians know as the Holy Spirit (or Holy Ghost). Easter may intensify this process for devout Christians, but they would not use the above definitions, and may even regard such an idea as blasphemous. For myself, brought up very loosely as a Christian, but subsequently seeking beyond, I feel comfortable to reconcile Christianity and Hinduism along these lines.

Yeah, I thought something similar when I was into Hinduism. Being a Hindu in the past, I had experienced this universal consciousness, self and the desire to know 'more' and believed it. But now being a Christian, I have met God the Father, Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit and I totally agree with you in that the universal consciousness and self is not God or Jesus or the Holy Spirit.
And being Hindu at one time and Chritain now, I can tell you for a fact that they are TOTALLY different.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2022 :  4:19:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Aknaton,

The differences are apparent only, and exist only in the mind. As we engage in spiritual practices, we begin to see this more and more clearly, as the veils lift. And the more the veils of the mind lift, the more everything is seen as One. The Jew, the Hundu, the Christian, the Father, the Son, the Spirit, the ocean, the wave, Brahman, atman, the Self.

All the rivers merge into the ocean, and only one thing remains, which is love.

Different people have different views and opinions. But, even those views and opinions are not real. They merge into the ocean as well. The best thing we can do is to practice every day, beginning here. Gradually all apparent differences in the mind, will fall away. This is why practice is the most important thing.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

th1996

Germany
23 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2023 :  10:05:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Aknaton

quote:
Originally posted by Walter

Hello, Aknaton.

Yeah, I thought something similar when I was into Hinduism. Being a Hindu in the past, I had experienced this universal consciousness, self and the desire to know 'more' and believed it. But now being a Christian, I have met God the Father, Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit and I totally agree with you in that the universal consciousness and self is not God or Jesus or the Holy Spirit.
And being Hindu at one time and Chritain now, I can tell you for a fact that they are TOTALLY different.

Can u explain which differences u see?
Go to Top of Page

Nostalgico

Poland
23 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2023 :  01:19:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are beautiful sequences of songs and prayers in Christianity, here is my favorite song: Come, Holy Spirit, Let down from the heavens taken Thy light stream. Come, Father of the poor, Giver of gifts many, Come Light of consciences! O most gracious of Guests, Sweet of hearts of joy, Sweet refreshment. At work Thou art the coolness, In the sweltering heat Thou art the living water, In the weeping the drowning.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000