Enlightenment Milestones
 Where I'm At
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ckdCosmo

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  4:44:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit ckdCosmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I started doing I Am meditation and Spinal Breathing at the beginning of November. I do the eye lift, root lift, and medulla pull, and am going to add abdominal lift and root seat soon. I find that root seat puts pressure on my knee...is this common, or am I doing it wrong?

I also wanted to share what I think are some changes in myself. When I meditate now, I feel my hands get all tingly. The only time this happened before was when I listened to alpha/delta/theta brainwave music.

I have also started to feel like I am inside a huge cathedral when I do I Am, as if I look around and there is a huge space all around me. This is pretty cool, but I think the biggest effects that I have had so far are more emotional. I find myself getting goose bumps, or at some points even about to cry, when I read things about love (I sat down to re-read Secrets of Wilder today and welled up), and also watching movies. I almost cried during The Last Samurai the other day when Tom Cruise was charing off to battle. I'm not going to say I'm getting more emotional (no mood swings or anything like that) but I never used to cry this easily.

I feel more clear headed as well. I find myself more blunt with people, and to the point about pretty much everything. Nothing so extraordinary as bursts of energy yet, but I am happy with this progress. Just one question: is all this normal?

Shawn

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  5:29:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Shawn..

quote:

I find that root seat puts pressure on my knee...is this common, or am I doing it wrong?

-Yes.. once you get used to sitting this way.. the pressure will go. However sit this way only for a short time if it gets uncomfortable.. remember, never force any posture..

quote:
"I have also started to feel like I am inside a huge cathedral when I do I Am, as if I look around and there is a huge space all around me. "

-Lovely...

quote:
"I'm not going to say I'm getting more emotional "
Purification.. it's a phase.. it wont last forever. So don't worry about it.. enjoy it.

quote:
Originally posted by ckdCosmo

Just one question: is all this normal?

-Yes
Great progress... keep going.
Go to Top of Page

Swami Vajra

42 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  7:05:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Swami Vajra's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Shawn,

O Shining Soul! How your experiences remind me of my own!

For the longest time whenever I encountered portrayals or actions of love or glimpses into Higher truths, I would instantly have tears of joy slipping from my eyes. I came to refer to this situation as my "Truth Barometer". My daughter used to chide me that I could get weepy over a Snickers commercial! This also played a part in my stepping on the path of yoga. Back when I thought yoga was just the shiny spandex people tying themselves in knots at the YMCA, a copy of "Autobiography of a Yogi" found my hands. I opened the book and it happened to be the full page pic of Lahiri Mahasaya, I burst into tears of joy, although I had no idea why.

The other thing that would trigger the tears was representations of what I would think of as "Righteous Battle" like you mentioned about Last Samurai. The other type of "scenes" that would greatly inspire me was in Martial Arts films when the Sifu/Sensei was giving the torturous training to the student who had come to him for a righteous cause. It was feelings like this that led me to become a Martial Arts trainer and chapter leader in an organization called "The Guardian Angels", a non-denominational minister and most recently a swami. Although, I did not set out to be a swami, it just sort of happened, lol.

You are experiencing great things! When pains and problems have lost their grip on you it is these moments that will shine through!

May all your efforts be richly blessed!
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  10:41:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ckdCosmo

I started doing I Am meditation and Spinal Breathing at the beginning of November. I do the eye lift, root lift, and medulla pull, and am going to add abdominal lift and root seat soon.

Hi Shawn and welcome to the forum!

It's very good to hear about your good results this far! Just a little caution that the AYP practices are very powerful, and if you haven't done much of similar practices before, it's important to settle in and become stable in a practice before adding new ones. I know it's easy to be eager to move forward in the beginning, especially if one is not feeling too much in terms of symtoms. But that can be deceiving. When symptoms come they may pile up because of what we have done previously. This is delayed effect, and is often common with yoga practices. So, several of us have found here, after doing AYP for a while, that we often count several months or more as timeframes before we consider adding new practices.

But for you it may of course work well to move ahead faster.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000