Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Three anahata chakras?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  05:32:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have read that there are three anahata chakras. One in the center of the chest and two by the sides corresponding to the two nipples. It made sense since there are alot of nerves there. And today during my AYP pranayama and meditation session I have experienced sensations in those exact areas. Similar sensations to those I have felt before in the center of my chest and the ajnya. Has anyone had similar experiences?

This is why I have been referring to the chakras as the 'spiritual cross', because if you draw a line from the root chakra to the sahasrara and then another line through the three anahata chakras you get a cross.

"And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me." Matthew 10:38

Is this the cross Yesus was talking about?

http://www.omnadelight.com/Images/YogiSm.jpg

Edited by - Chiron on Jan 12 2007 05:35:24 AM

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  07:10:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It seems to me that the chakras on the sides of the heart are what cause the chest region to gyrate. If you can gather your chi in this specific region, it feels as though the chest is weightless, with two forces on both sides propelling the chest to move in a circular motions.
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  08:21:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, Chiron, it could be related to the Atonomic Nervous System [ANS], since sexual arousal can cause the nipples to become involuntarily erect, with or without a partner.

quote:
The nipple and areola of males and females can be erotic receptors, or considered sex organs. Stimulation or sexual arousal can cause the nipples to become erect, due to the release of the polypeptide neurotransmitter oxytocin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nipple

Another nipple article:

http://www.perfectmarriage.co.uk/index.php?p=195

Good luck with your search:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Jan 12 2007 08:36:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

ranger

USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  5:54:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit ranger's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen a reference to this in an article on "Prayer of the Heart," repetition of a Divine Name in the heart center:

The common knowledge indicates that chest has the heart chakra, anahata. But in fact, there are at least three subtle centers, which are structures different from chakras. The center on the left is connected with the experiences of cosmic consciousness, the center on the right with the individual I...and the center in the core of the chest with the formless consciousness beyond the body.
To start the practice, search for the embodied sense of self on the right side of the chest. This is the external expression of the subtle center of individuation. Ramana calls this sense "aham-sphurana" the radiance of the I. St. Simeon the New Theologian, a 10th century Hesychast, calls it "The place where all the powers of the soul reside."

http://www.hridayamyoga.org/papers/...ofPrayer.pdf

I found this last fall when I considered taking a weekend workshop with the author of the paper, Olga Louchakova, but something else came up

Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  6:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for jolting my memory, ranger. I also recall subtle centers from the Sufi Tradition. It's been a very long while, since I studied Sufism, but it's very interesting, Chiron. You may want to check it out.

I like to call the subtle centers, 'Sufi Chakras':

Latifat-al-Qalbi - located in the left of the Chest.

Latifat-ar-Ruhi - located in the right side of the chest.

Latifat-al-Akhfa - Its location alternates between deep inside the brain and the center of the chest.

There are a few more:

quote:
Drawing from Qur'anic verses, virtually all Sufis distinguish Lataif-as-Sitta ("the six subtleties"): Nafs, Qalb, Sirr, Ruh, Khafi, and Akhfa. These lataif (singular: latifa) designate various psychospiritual "organs" or, sometimes, faculties of sensory and suprasensory perception. They are thought to be parts of the self in a similar manner to the way glands and organs are part of the body. Similar concepts in other belief systems include Chinese traditional or vedic chakras.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lataif

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Jan 12 2007 6:39:13 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000