AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Tantra (book)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nameless

23 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  7:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nameless's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Deep Meditation is my first book and I skipped Prana spinal breathing to Tantra as my second book. I just ordered the book and waiting for itz arrival.

I have 2 questions

I am doing sort of microcosmic orbit circulation (NEW Energy Ways to be exact)
is it OK to skip pranic spinal breathing?
does NEW helps in my Deep Meditation?
I dont want to overlap the breathing and circulating exercises that is why I skip that green book.

I do not have a sexual partner
is it OK to do tantra sololy (Sp?) and reap the full benefit?
Is tantra mandatory for enlightenment? or it is just a push towards enlightenment?

thank you ^_^

LOVE

Edited by - aypmod3 on Jan 09 2007 7:16:07 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  10:05:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Nameless
I do not have a sexual partner
is it OK to do tantra sololy (Sp?) and reap the full benefit?
Is tantra mandatory for enlightenment? or it is just a push towards enlightenment?

thank you ^_^

LOVE

Hi again Nameless
Answer to your first part is yes its OK to do solo tantra practices. It may actually be easier to start off solo.
The second.. IMO.. tantra practices are a big push towards the path.. but definitely not mandatory.. Check this lesson Lesson 1 - What is tantra yoga?
quote:
I am doing sort of microcosmic orbit circulation (NEW Energy Ways to be exact)
is it OK to skip pranic spinal breathing?
does NEW helps in my Deep Meditation?
I dont want to overlap the breathing and circulating exercises that is why I skip that green book.

The first question you have has been discussed here..
spinal breathing versus microcosmic orbit
Hopefully these help..

Edited by - Shanti on Jan 09 2007 10:06:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nameless

23 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  01:57:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nameless's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the clear answers :D

I learned in Gnostic that tantra (their version) needs a sexual partner and it is mandatory for the alchemy, that is why I need to ask if it is the same in Yoga system.
good to hear that a partner is not needed to reap the full benefit.

Too bad in some cultures sex is a taboo (in extreme society people got hanged for being homosexual and being jailed for holding hands in public)
while some culture are obssessed with it in a seedy way (brothel, orgy, transexual etc).

LOVE ^_^
Go to Top of Page

blujett8

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  6:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi nameless

just curious about this statement...I don't understand your point...
quote:
while some culture are obssessed with it in a seedy way (brothel, orgy, transexual etc).

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000