Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jomano7

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2022 :  10:22:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there I’ve been practicing Deep Meditation for about 5 years, my question is about samyama. Can I do samyama 2 hours after Deep meditation? Or samyama as to be practicing when we finish our deep meditation?
Many thanks

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2022 :  05:37:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jomano,

The simple answer is, yes, you can do that. The recommendation is to do Samyama right after meditation and before rest. The reason for this is that during meditation, we are cultivating inner silence, so if we go right into Samyama from Deep Meditation practice, the mind will already be silent and it will make Samyama more effective.

Having said that, if it does not work for you, then you could do Samyama later. My suggestion would be, if you do that, to do at least a few minutes of meditation before Samyama practice.

Samyama can also be done during the day, outside of formal sitting practice times in "prayer mode". See here for more on that.

Lesson 301 - Prayer and the Principles of Samyama

Christi
Go to Top of Page

jomano7

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2022 :  10:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your kindness in answer my question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000