AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 last 5 minutes lying down
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nameless

23 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  6:39:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nameless's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

hello. ^_^

I am a newbie so i would like to ask a question on deep meditation.

I notice as I meditate I go deeper and deeper in trance (getting blurer)
I tend to go dreamy as time goes by (brainwave sinking towards delta)

I meditate with an egg alarm that beeps at the last 5 min and 10 min.
so when it reached the final 5 minutes I simply lie down and meditate.
taking the risk of dozzing off but i think it is worth it,
to meditate in such a deep trance state.
I fall so low that i am literally dreaming (sort of semi lucid dreaming)
Till now I still manage to do the mantra even in such a state.

what is your opinion on this? meditating in such a deep trance at the end of the session?
I think it helps me to stay aware in trance state (maybe it is good for lucid dreaming) and I think the purification process goes very deep down.
even if I fall asleep, the first 15 minutes of meditating is not wasted.

Thanks for the replies :)

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  9:43:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nameless,
Welcome to the forum.

Your experience with deep meditation sounds lovely. I am glad it is working for you.

In AYP.. we do our meditation for 20 mins and then lie down and rest. The reason being a lot of blockages are dug out from out nervous system during meditation.. many emotions and memories and obstructions are freed. When we are done with meditation, we lie down(if possible) and rest.. so our nervous system gets a chance to settle down. Not resting has resulted in many of us having symptoms of being irritated and angry or lethargic during the day.

In another thread you said you read the "Deep meditation" book and I guess you are following the "i am" meditation. If you are, then sitting and practicing for 20 mins and then resting is recommended.

If however you are comfortable with what you are doing now, and it is not causing you any discomfort during the day... you can continue with what you are doing.

Just remember, your experiences during your meditation sessions will change a lot as time goes by.. and there is really no "good" meditation and "bad" meditation.. even one filled with thoughts is good.. because it is something your system is trying to clear out and overcome. If you fall asleep during meditation.. that is good too.. its not regular sleep.. its still a kind of purification going on and the mantra is going its thing. So a true test of your practice is how you feel outside your meditation.. how you feel during the rest of the day.. when you go out and live your life.
Thank you for joining us. Wish you all the best in your chosen path.
Go to Top of Page

Nameless

23 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  01:51:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nameless's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi thanks for the reply
I think you are right on this one.
i think it is how the meditation afect the waking life that is important.
Yogani also mentioned that it is the continous, long term effort that counts.

Yeah I think my modification of meditation helps.

I think my body can cope with some degree of energy release from the purification since I have done some qigong related exercises for months now (clearing blockage and activating energy points) so things suit me quite well so far :)

Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  02:09:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As long as you aren't causing injury to yourself, exploring the body is the best way to evolve it.

Going into a yogic sleep is supposed to be good as well. A part of the meditation process.
Go to Top of Page

Nameless

23 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  05:43:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nameless's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great thanks ^_^

I think I will slowly increase the duration of my lying down... from 5 min to 10 min or maybe to the whole session in the future when I am good at it.

I know lying down in meditation will bring the risk of dozing off but when done succesfully (focus on matra throughout the session)
it benefits more since the meditation is very... very.. deep.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  08:32:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I began meditating I could barely sit upright, which was due to two accidents where I was struck by other drivers. So the corpes or laying down position was the only one I could meditate in. I've not observed any negative aspects to this, and since then have healed my spine so much that I spend most of my time now meditating in the upright position.

Concentration is dependent upon awakeness, but I've found tremendous healing in the rejuvinating slumbers.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000