Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Automatic mantra singing - sharing an experience
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stille

Germany
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2021 :  11:20:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone ,

I want to share an experience that happend to me recently.

A few days ago I started my evening routine by doing a sequence of asanas, no specific order, I just went with my gut feeling and took some elements from the enhanced AYP sequence. During the practice I felt a slight and also pleasurable pulling sensation in my forehead. I've had this happen quite freuqently lately. I then did my sitting practices as per usual. After finishing samyama there was the sudden urge to do bastrika pranayama. I allowed it to happen and it went on for about 15 to 20 seconds and stopped by itself before it became too distressing for the right side of my (energetic) body.
I then laid in savasana for some minutes and suddenly there was the strong urge to sing. So I let go and automatically the mantra "om namah shivaya" was being sung. There was a deep blissful feeling beneath the words. After it ended, my body then sat up, grabbed by phone and put on a twelve minute version of the mantra by Krishna Das.
There I sat, witnessing my body loudly singing along. With every word more energy arose in my body, the pulling sensation at my third eye became really intense and as the rythm of the song became faster so did the flow of energy in me. The flow turned into a strong current and kept on going stronger. The rising energy triggered lots of automatic movements and on the peak of the song my body sat there, arms flailing around wildy, my head rotating uncontrollably, my stomach doing uddiyana bandha, torso shaking. Mentally I saw very vividly two whipping and twirling currents, radiating bluish light from them. It looked as if they were burning and they were huge. As the intertwined currents twirled around themself rapidly so did my physical body, twirling fast from left to right. All the while I was still loudly singing along if the head rotations allowed.

As the mantra got slower eventually, the movements started to subside and at the end of the song they stopped. I had to lay down in savasana again for a some time after all of that.

This was really something else and quite beautiful. At least for me, who knows who might have heard me sing as well .

There has been a lot of pingala nadi and throat chakra related stuff happening in the past weeks and the automatic urge to sing/chant OM is one of them. I've always struggeled with singing since I feel really vulnerable and exposed when doing it. This new automatic yoga is quite astonishing for me. Who would have thought that it'd be yoga that would make me sing a song confidently?

om namah shivaya

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2021 :  9:04:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Stille, thank you for sharing

Yes, all sorts of unusual and wonderful things happen when Kundalini takes over.

Enjoy your practice and the singing!
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2021 :  1:07:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2021 :  12:31:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
There has been a lot of pingala nadi and throat chakra related stuff happening in the past weeks and the automatic urge to sing/chant OM is one of them. I've always struggeled with singing since I feel really vulnerable and exposed when doing it. This new automatic yoga is quite astonishing for me. Who would have thought that it'd be yoga that would make me sing a song confidently?

In my experience, yoga is rich when approached with a playful spirit, so important to me, I include it in Samyama. In this instance, your self opened to joy, and the only way to handle “exposed vulnerability” is chant your way through.

Edited by - Dogboy on Jul 21 2021 12:33:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Stille

Germany
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2021 :  9:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000