Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Combining mantras
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2021 :  10:14:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello, loooong time not participating

Here I am with a question. I started (yesterday) experimenting with combining two mantras: "AYAM" and my own mantra which translates to "All will be good". I am saying it silently in german: "Alles wird gut".

So far I have good experience. What do you think about long term effects ? What is there to consider ?

Wolfgang

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2021 :  12:49:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wolfgang,

Good to hear from you again!

With combining mantras, the effect would depend on how the syllables of the mantra vibrate in the subtle nervous system and which chakras and nadis become activated as a result. The vibratory effects of mantras will continuously transform the subtle nervous system throughout the time they are used, and even beyond this, as there can be a flywheel effect.

We know how the AYAM mantra affects the subtle nervous system, as it has been used by thousands of practitioners and we have good long terms results. But the addition would be your own experiment. The general advice given in AYP is to not experiment with changing practices until you ave already become well established with your AYP practice, are stable energetically and are able to perceive the inner flows of prana in your body. This way, people will at least have some idea of what the changes are doing in their body and mind, even if they do not have an overall picture of where they are going.

Obviously making a change like this would mean that it is no longer AYP Deep Meditation. It would be a different meditation with different effects and different long-term consequences.

There is more on making changes to practices here:

Lesson 384 - Baseline Systems of Practice and Research on Modifications (in German here)

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2021 :  1:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you !

quote:
Originally posted by Christi

as there can be a flywheel effect.

What do you mean by flywheel effect?

Also, you are speaking about vibrations. If I am saying the mantras in my mind, what kind of vibrations are these?

Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2021 :  2:43:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wolfgang,

The flywheel effect means that once changes start to happen, they will continue to happen for some time, even if we stop the practice or change it. So, it is similar to the flywheel on the engine of a car, which keeps the engine turning for a while, even if we shut off the fuel supply. The flywheel effect can be anything from days to weeks to months, depending on the practice and how deep-rooted it becomes in the system.

As for vibrations, thoughts and feelings have certain vibrations and this vibration can be felt rippling through the subtle nervous system, once we reach a certain stage on the path. Different thoughts will vibrate in different ways and the effect of the vibration in the subtle nervous system will be different. Thinking a mantra silently in the mind is actually more powerful than chanting it out loud, because when it is chanted out loud, the vibration will be mostly on the physical level, with only a limited effect due to the relative density of the physical realm, whereas when a mantra is thought, the vibration will effect the subtle neurobiology, and have more profound and far-reaching effects. In the Sanskrit terminology we would say that thoughts exist within manomayakosha (the mental sheath) and the chakras and nadis exist within pranamayakosha (the subtle energetic sheath) and that both of these exist within sukshma sharira (the subtle body). So they vibrate at a very similar frequency.

For more on the vibrational quality of mantras and of the subtle neurobiology, see here:

Lesson 115 - Mantra, Language and Meaning (in German here)

See also my reply to Zaelithe here.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2021 :  3:10:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot for your explanation.

AYAM vibrates in my mind without meaning (although sometimes there slightly pops up the meaning of "I AM"), and the german "Alles wird gut" vibrates as thought with meaning only, I do not concentrate on the sound vibration.
I wonder what this will lead to ...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000