AYPsite.org Forum
 Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Biofeedback
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lavazza

69 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  10:57:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lavazza's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi!

Does anybody use some kind of biofeedback device?

I tried Heartmaths Freezeframer at a friend's place and I found it interesting.

Lavazza

69 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2007 :  05:37:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lavazza's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have now bought the biofeedback computer game The Wild Divine and I can recommend it as a way to get visual feedback from your states of mind. It is also a good way to get children interested in exploring their states of mind.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2007 :  08:56:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's very interesting Lavazza. Can you tell us what the general principle is, of how it works please.

Could you, for instance, monitor one's state whilst going into meditation and see the difference?

Louis
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2007 :  7:13:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can get freeware programs to calculate your bio-rhythms, and I've found them to be accurate!
Or are you talking about something that monitors your alpha/delta brain waves? Of course there's the Scientology e-meter that monitors body electrical resistance (mostly skin moisture) while talking about emotional problems.
Go to Top of Page

Lavazza

69 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  03:23:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lavazza's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sparkle: I have just started trying it out.

It is stuff like keeping a steady effortless deep breath to get a fire burning on the screen or for a long time keeping the same balance between tension and relaxation to see stones being put on each other to form a monument.

Here's a demo:

http://www.wilddivine.com/Demo/

Go to Top of Page

Lavazza

69 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2007 :  10:55:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lavazza's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have bought two more biofeedback gadgets: FreezeFramer and emwave. The emwave is very interesting, since it is portable, so I can check my heart coherence when I am cooking, doing the dishes, redaing, working etc or to check my heart coherence going to bed or waking up, check what happens when I listen to a Yoga Nidra CD etc. I can take it to the driving range or practice green and see if my results get better if I first go to the green zone or check what zone I was in when I made a bad or good shot.

One strange thing is that after a while in the green zone with 5-6 breaths a minute and concentration on the heart I get a lower pulse, which takes me out of the zone. Apparantly it is easier for me to keep the coherence at a higher pulse.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000