Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 kundalini Help...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brujoguy71

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2020 :  11:30:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone.
I have been practicing different kundalini type meditations for many years now. Began basic meditation at age 19 and here I am at 48 still doing it. My question has to do with my odd dreams. I keep having this dream where im waking up but realize im not really awake and i intentionally yell in the dream to wake myself up. This last dream was like waking up into different dreams and knowing im still dreaming so i scream in the dream and my wife ends up waking me up from this nightmare. Anyone have anything like this at all when working with kundalini? Care to Interpret?

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2020 :  12:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brujoguy71

I am no expert on kundalini meditation practices but I have had similar experiences years ago, long before I meditated. It may be a little different from what you are describing but there is the phenomenon of sleep paralysis. You wake up from the dream, or at least partially so but you can't move and there's a bit of anxiety feeling trapped and not knowing how to fully wake up. There is a part of the brain that activates when we go to sleep that literally paralyzes us. This helps keep us from enacting our dreams. Some people sleep walk, and I believe this is due to that system not being fully activated. Sleep paralysis is on the other end of the spectrum limiting ones ability to fully wake up. I don't know that it is fully understood. From personal experiences I know Kundalini practices have profound effects on our arousal states. It makes sense it could flow into your dream state. I suspect the experienced practitioners will suggest self pacing as you may be dealing with too much energy and the unconscious brain may be struggling when you are asleep to process all of this energy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000