Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Colon Cleansing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  5:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone know of a good colon cleansing regimine or product?

Thanks,

VIL

Edited by - AYPforum on Jan 28 2007 5:32:04 PM

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  6:19:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vil,
Bentonite or Green clay is good and simple.Google for it.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  6:46:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Dave, will do.

VIL
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  8:05:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I actually did a lot of research and found out that "mucoid plaque" supposedly built up in the colon is actually unproven and many physicians who have examined the colon state that this is complete quackery, having nothing to do with the bodies anatomy. That the only people who have this unhealthy plaque are those who take these clay products that bind to the intestinal walls, producing these rubbery-like excretions - supposedly produced from detoxification - but are actually the product itself and not years of putrid build up. Also that some of these miraculous ingredients are those used to bind ceramic materials. Talk about a scam!

quote:
Until proven to be otherwise, we must consider mucoid plaque as something that is only found in those who use these bowel cleansing products. If it is ever found in someone other than them, such a person would be an example of the "exception that proves the rule", which is that mucoid plaque is NOT found in all or a majority of people, as claimed by Anderson.

This applies especially to those products containing psyllium and bentonite, which in combination make a soft, rubbery, "cast" of the intestines. Bentonite is normally used in the making of ceramic pottery, which of course starts out by making what amounts to a cast. Then one must fire the pottery in a kiln.

"Bentonite may be added to a clay to improve its workability on the wheel. Bentonite swells and forms a gel when wet, and the presence of a small amount of it in a clay body will greatly increase plasticity. If more than about two percent of bentonite is used, however, the clay may become excessively sticky and be difficult to wedge. Too much bentonite also may cause drying problems."

http://quackfiles.blogspot.com/2004...us-idea.html

Wow, so much for that:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Dec 11 2006 8:12:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  8:13:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vil,
Check this thread and see if you find something useful here..
Shatkarma

Edited by - Shanti on Dec 11 2006 8:15:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  8:25:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Shanti, I'll check it out. The colon cleansing was for a family member that was very excited about the miraculous claims of many of the colon cleansing products out there. So, I thought I would get some advice from you fine folks: Anyway, it was going to be a Christmas gift, but after reading many contrary articles, from reputable physicians, I think I'll opt for something else. Maybe a gift card? Slippers? LOL.

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Dec 11 2006 8:40:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  07:31:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by VIL

The colon cleansing was for a family member that was very excited about the miraculous claims of many of the colon cleansing products out there. So, I thought I would get some advice from you fine folks: Anyway, it was going to be a Christmas gift, but after reading many contrary articles, from reputable physicians, I think I'll opt for something else. Maybe a gift card? Slippers? LOL.

VIL

Slippers sound good...
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  1:37:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vil,
Thanks for that, I wasn't aware of this info.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  2:33:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Shanti: Slippers sound good...

LOLOLOLOL. Oh yeah.

If it wasn't for the information that you gave me, Dave, I wouldn't have known what to research. So, thank you, again; it helped us both.

VIL
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  7:25:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste to All!

An alternate to the Shatkarma Samgraha or Shatkriya Samgraha 'basti' techniques of colon cleansing is the colonic irrigation method using a large rubber hot water bottle with rectal attachment. Here's an example:

http://coretherapies.com.au/hot-wat...ttle-big.jpg

These rubber flasks are large enough to hold one or more quarts/liters of fluid, and can be purchased with attachments included for vaginal douche, and for colonic irrigation.

Simply fill the rubber flask or hot water bottle with at least one quart or one liter of hot water...as hot as you could tolerate washing your hands with...and seal with the rectal attachment. The hot water assists in loosening the old waste material stuck to the inner linings and walls of the colon, and helps reduce the internal heat loss often experienced with colonic cleansing.

If you are doing colonic irrigation for the first time, you may be shocked to see what was stored in there for so long. Medical Coroner's report that the average individual upon whom they perform post-mortem autopsy...including young athletes...carry several pounds of uneliminated fecal waste in their colons at all times!

Then recline in a bathtub where there is an adjoining toilet nearby, insert the rectal attachment into the anus, and allow the hot water to release from the flask to fill the colon. Hold the hot water internally for as long as possible before releasing it into the toilet along with the old fecal matter that has been loosened and freed from the colon. Performed while in a bath tub insures an easier clean-up job if you can't make to the toilet.

This procedure is recommended once per week...weekends are often easiest and best...until only slightly discolored water is eliminated, but no more old solid waste. This is also an excellent technique to use at the end of a Water Fast to complete the cleansing and purifying effects produced by the Fast.

Additionally, this method does not require the practitioner to employ the breath control methods and abdominal muscle control methods of the Shatkriya Samgraha techniques. Many novices have not yet developed these skills in their Sadhana, or have difficulty performing them properly.

Good Luck...Suck it Up!

Hari OM!

Doc

Edited by - Doc on Dec 12 2006 7:48:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

aditya

82 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2006 :  6:30:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit aditya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am sharing my experience with cleansing. I did Laghu Shakh Prakshalan few times. I used to have problem of acidity and I was not able to eat anything with even little oil or cheese in it. I was on daily dose of medication for GERD. (or GORD as they say in UK).

I got up early in the morning - at 5:00 AM. Did my usual practices. No eating - nothing - absolutely none - not even water. I prepared isotonic solution of water - roughly 1 spoon of salt in jar, which contained 6 glasses of water. I had high BP too - for last few years, so salt was little less than what would have been ideal. I would drink glass after glass and perform exercises:

Kagasan, Tadasan, Triyak Tadasan, Triyak Bhujangasan, Kati Chakrasan, Udarakarashanasan, Shavasan.

Triyak Tadasan helps a lot.

Initially you will go to the rest room in first 15 minutes. Then it will be every 10 minutes or less. Keep drinking water and keep working - soon water will be all clear. That is the point (or if you ar doing first time then upto 24 glasses of water) to stop.

Lie down in shavasan - breathe easy. For an hour or so - do not eat anything - get in meditation - it is such a great feeling.

After this eat Khichdi. How to prepare it?

Get these from Indian store in your area:

1. Ghee(1/3 cup)
2. Yellow Moong Daal(yellow split green gram lentil) - 1/2 cup
3. Rice (1/2 cup)

Wash 2 and 3.

Heat Ghee in saucepan - when it is hot and translucent - add 2 and 3. Fry till it is slightly brown. Add 2-3 cups of water(and mix more before it starts sticking, if need be so). You may add zucchini pieces if you want(I do not). Add salt and turmeric to your taste and cook it till it is well mashed. If you feel that grain is cooked, lower the heat and keep cooking it for another 15-20 minutes. It is wise to eat it for a day or two, if you can. When you switch back to normal food - do not just eat what you want to - your body is very clean, give a little time with highly 'tamasik' stuff.

Do not go out that day - you may catch cold. Usually summer is best time, but if you do not plan to go out then even winter should be ok too. (In India houses are not centrally heated - that may be the reason of such a rule). I feel saturday is best day to do it or a long weekend is even better.

I did it few times this summer - it is kind of addictive - so beware.

Colon cleansing - I tried once with Bentonite and Psyllium husk - I did not like it much - it never gave me that feel of purity. I never completed the process.

P.S.

1. I did it all by myself, if you have doubt consult experts. I just intend this post to be a sharing of experience - but this is all that I did.
2. Few such cleansing probably helped me get rid of GERD and high BP. I can eat reasonable oily and cheesy stuff.

All the best.

Edited by - aditya on Dec 13 2006 7:28:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  05:01:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, for sharing your cleansing regimines and experiences, Doc and aditya:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Dec 14 2006 06:09:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

enlightenmealready

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  5:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know this is late in coming, but the clay product is also used to seal man made lakes and sewage lagoons. It does this by forming a thick layer of semi-hard goo that to me would resemble the mucouid plaques. If you google, check out the www.bentonite.com site and related "environmental bentonite" sites.
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  6:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, enlightenmealready, and welcome to the forum:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  9:06:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do colon hydrotherapy. Look it up online and see what you find. I'm sure there are practicioners in your area.
Good Luck,
Chard
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  3:01:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Chard, I appreciate it. I'll do some research:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2007 :  5:32:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000