AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Vishuddhi Chakra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aditya

82 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2006 :  10:48:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit aditya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi wise ones,

I need help on Vishuddhi chakra. I met a learned person few days ago - who placed his hands on various parts of my body and suggested that I try opening my Vishuddhi chakra(he opinion was that it is reason of energy blockage in me). Suggest me pointers. Will Yoni Mudra Kumbhak help?

Edited by - aditya on Dec 10 2006 08:11:15 AM

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2006 :  11:20:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know much, but I know that letting go opens it.
Go to Top of Page

Swami Vajra

42 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2006 :  11:23:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Swami Vajra's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aditya,

With a dedicated and disciplined practice all will be as it should. The AYP practices don't favor specic chakras, the system works an overall process that allows natural unfoldment, like flowers bloom in their season so shall all your chakras, not to worry.

Bidding you Divine Bliss and Liberation in this body,
Swami Vajra
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2006 :  11:41:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have found that kechari has really helped in tha regard by opening the energetic connection through the throat
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2006 :  11:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Aditya:

Strive to be a better listener, especially of the inner Whisperings of the Divine which touch your deepest heart of hearts, and strive to exert more quality control of your speech, perhaps by reading Sacred Texts aloud or by chanting your personal mantram audibly, and contemplate or practice Samyama on the Yantra for this Chakra.

Here are a couple of links to info regarding the Visuddhi Chakra:

http://www.mudgala.com/sri-krishna-...oopanam.html

http://www.sics.se/~piak/yoga/yantra/chakra/

Hari OM!

Doc
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  09:30:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I am able to assist you if you wish but be aware that opening areas prematurely can lead to excessive purification symptoms.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  09:52:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Aditya:

Chin pump (dynamic jalandhara) is also very good for throat opening (and much more), preferably taken in order in relation to the rest of the practices presented in the AYP lessons. All things in good time.

Wishing you all the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

aditya

82 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  10:29:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit aditya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dave - do not worry - I always evaluate (almost once a week on regular practice - once a day when I start new practice) - I have slipped in past - I will not cross limits.

Thanks Guru jee for suggesting dynamic jalandhar - if that is one way - it will be my way. My guru is in you till I find Him in me.

Edited by - aditya on Dec 10 2006 10:33:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  7:26:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by aditya

Hi Dave - do not worry - I always evaluate (almost once a week on regular practice - once a day when I start new practice) - I have slipped in past - I will not cross limits.

Thanks Guru jee for suggesting dynamic jalandhar - if that is one way - it will be my way. My guru is in you till I find Him in me.

Hi Aditya,

Also helpful can be kirtan, in conjunction with some kirtan - followed by kirtan!

Seriously, though -- the physical vocal expression, combined with the inherent pranayam dynamics, and (hopefully) augmented bhakti -- will ultimately benefit all chakras -- but there can be specific vishuddhi benefits to chanting.

There are many resources online, and some kirtan / bhajan chants (usually of the more traditional variety) are available to download for free.

In terms of commercial / Western (musically) stuff - I recommend Krishna Das first and foremost - primarily because he tends to stick most closely (as a Western artist) to traditional yogic kirtan dynamics - namely:

*The chant / song starts out slow, builds, gets really rapid, climaxes - and then tapers off (all of which is needed for optimal yogic benefit, on several energetic levels).

*His chants / songs tend to be long enough to be useful, yogically (fifteen minutes or so).

*The mantras chanted are all in Sanskrit (as opposed to some Western kirtan artists, who mix English lyrics in), and his pronunciation is very good for a non-native Indian language speaker.

*The mantras are almost all at the simple end of the kirtan spectrum, that almost anyone, regardless of language background can pick up on, easily - the benefit of which is: it's easier to have deeper spiritual experiences when you're not wracking your brain trying to remember the next line of the chant (and for most people, "Hare Krishna" is much easier to remember, than, say "Apurvanam Param Nityam Svayam Jyotir Niramayam" ).

And, by the way (for anyone reading this, who may be curious) - kirtan has been (essentially, albeit informally ) "AYP safe" by Yogani -- meaning that - even though - yes - you are technically chanting additional mantras -- that the practice (of kirtan chanting) in general is external enough that it does not conflict with other AYP practices - and therefore kirtan chanting will, in all probability, for the most part, it is presumed - not cause your head to explode. Hopefully.

Seriously, though - I do most of my chanting in the car - which is pretty much as "external" as it gets, yogically.

Hope this helps.

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  03:39:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will echo Yogani and say that chin pump combined with Kechari has been very helpful to me in this area
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000