Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 What is the yantra of the IAM mantra?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2006 :  04:05:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
"Sometimes external images are used in meditation or worship to symbolize or express certain divine ideas and qualities. When mantras (sound formulas used in meditation) or divine ideas are meditated upon, certain images are brought out. It is something like liquid crystallizing into solid form. These geometric figures are actually crystallized mantra forms. A yantra is a physical expression of a mantra - a mantra being a Divine aspect in the form of sound vibration - yantra in the form of a geometrical figure." - Sri Swami Satchidananda (http://www.quintadacalma.com/meanin..._sri_swa.htm)

So I wondered, what is the yantra of the IAM mantra?

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2006 :  09:00:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chiron:

I don't know of a yantra (diagram) for the I AM mantra, but have an affinity for the Sri Yantra. See lesson T25. There are links to Sri Yantra diagrams in the lesson. If you have the AYP Easy Lessons book, it will be better to refer to the lesson there, as it was significantly enhanced for the book. Sri Yantra is also discussed in the AYP Tantra book.

As for coming up with a yantra for the I AM mantra, feel free to research it (and let us know). But do keep in mind that we have several enhancements to the I AM mantra along the way, which is AYP's way of sneaking up on the Sri Yantra.

We are That!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  04:09:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

We are That!

The guru is in you.

Tat Vayam Asi!

(We are That!)

I don't know if this is "Yantra-ish" enough for everyone, but it may be a step in the right direction:

http://www.aczoom.com/itrans/online/

Using the link above, you can convert any text of your choice into Devanagari (Sanskrit alphabet -- just as Sanskrit sounds have yogic benefits, vibrationally - so does Devanagari ("City of the Gods" in Sanskrit), in terms of visual / physical vibration.

You can do:

"I am" (with the space)

"Iam" (without the space)

"Ayam" (meaningless in Sanskrit, but including it per usage in lessons / posts - written this way, it's kind of like writing "Dis" instead of "This", in English)

or

AyaM (the word "This" in Sanskrit - the capital "M" represents the Sanskrit letter "am", and thereby tells the system how to spell the word correctly, in Sanskrit (Ayam and AyaM look very different from each other, in Devanagari).

You can also put in any other text you can think up ....

(The mind reels .... )

The output is in a variety of file types - HTML, PDF, GIF, etc.

Enjoy!

Namaste,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000