Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Doing my best - not much happening?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

noworries

Netherlands
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2018 :  09:03:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all, first post here. Been doing AYP and I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to. I am wondering about all this self-pacing stuff.

Yogani has sprinkled the materials with warnings, about not going too fast and stuff. But I've been doing AYP for some months now, with spinal breathing including the first additions followed by deep meditation. I do asanas, siddhasana. I even started doing yoni mudra. And the chapter on yoni mudra is full of warnings, about taking it slow, about all this energy that starts flowing. But I'm doin' it and I'm not feelin' it.

I've been feeling calmer, and happier, sure. Especially if I'm able to do the full thing twice a day.

But before I started AYP, I did regular breath focused meditation - about 20 minutes a day. And that also made me calm and happy. Although AYP seems more effective.

But besides increased calm and happiness (which is to be expected) - I don't feel any special energy flowing around. In the book I read all these stories about people that have to slow down, that have premature openings and sexual feelings and kundalini energy and what not. And it keeps me wondering: why don't I feel anything?

Am I less sensitive in this regard and should I expect some openings along the road? Or is this a sign that my nervous system can handle much more intense practices?

I'm wondering: Should I stay where I am to develop myself further, or should I proceed and pace myself a little bit less? And if you don't know the answer - what might be a good way to find out for myself?

Thanks for your time, appreciate your inputs!

Edited by - AYPforum on Jul 12 2018 12:49:23 PM

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2018 :  12:47:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello noworries , welcome to the forum

It sounds like your practice is going well.

It seems to me it's early days for you yet. How many months is "some months"? The practices have a cumulative effect. Each day's sittings add to the effect of previous days, weeks and months of practice, so it is prudent to listen to Yogani's advice and add new techniques gradually.

You are obviously noticing benefits from your practice. Clearly it has an effect on you, so we cannot conclude that you are under-sensitive.

Would you like to give us a bit more detail - how long have you been practicing I AM meditation? And when did you add spinal breathing and the other technique you have introduced?

Look forward to hearing more from you.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2018 :  12:49:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

noworries

Netherlands
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2018 :  2:36:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Yes. Well, maybe. I've been doing AYP (I AM deep meditation) since 5 months, introduced spinal breathing after two weeks I guess. Too soon maybe, but I really wanted to 'get going' with this, and I didn't have any problems with it.

Of course I haven't been perfect in my practice. So some days I can only manage one session, or a full morning session and a shorter afternoon session with just deep meditation. And every now and then a day goes by without AYP, but I don't like that so I try not to let that happen.

Yoni mudra I tried for a couple sessions because I was curious. In the material Yogani describes this technique as super intense. Like if you do it too soon your head will explode (not his exact words I'm sure [#128522;]). But I felt nothing, just normal, no tinglings or energy of anything funny.

So I'm probably just being impatient. Maybe my expectations are a bit too rosy.

Probably I'm doing fine and should just keep doing the basics. But I guess I just want to know if I'm on the right track for all this energy/prana/ecstasy/bliss stuff to start happening some day. Like, how long did it take for some of you to start feeling 'new' things? What are some typical roads people take with this?

When I read the materials I get the impression that most people have al kinds of intense experiences - and I don't. So I guess that makes me a bit insecure if I'm doing it right. So that's my story - hope you can work with this. #128521;
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2018 :  3:13:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No worries indeed!

It was about a year and a half for ecstatic conductivity to commence, and months beyond that before it ramped up slowly. Even today, five years later, the intensity of it fluxuates on a daily basis, sometimes arousing, sometimes heavy, sometimes light as a butterfly's flutter. EC is a purification stage, when your inner blockages have relaxed so you can feel the prana that already courses through you. Blockages come and go, and come again.

You have strong Bhakti, and are on the right track for sure; be disciplined and you will get there, and beyond. Currently it is the inner silence that captivates me (who knew silence was so noisy, a lovely paradox!) and the experience of it within/without the prana in a given sit. Taking that experience into everyday life and relationships is really where progress is made and appreciated! Keep building your practice slowly and surely and you will see for yourself
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2018 :  3:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
5 months is a short time as yoga practice goes.

You need to give Spinal Breathing Pranayama more time to work. That practice is key for the energy flow and ecstatic conductivity. Sometimes advance practices that stimulate the energy more locally (like Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka) do not have much effect because the energy is not coming up through the main energy channel (the spinal nerve as Yogani calls it). Mulabandha and Sambhavi Mudra also help to get that flow of energy going. Add those when you feel ready. Yogani has arranged the practices the way he did for a good reason.

But the bottom line is this: you really have nothing to worry about, noworries
quote:
Originally posted by noworries
I've been feeling calmer, and happier, sure. Especially if I'm able to do the full thing twice a day.

This really is it. You got the effects of the practice right in front of you. The amount of purification happening behind the scenes is tremendous.

You know, we all want fireworks until we get them. After we get them, the practice becomes more difficult to manage. You begin to wish for the opposite, a smooth daily experience without excesses of energy interfering with day to day life. Take it from somebody who is sensitive to practices: Enjoy this balanced, easy time. If all your journey could be like this, then you need not wish for more.
You are doing great. Enjoy

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Jul 12 2018 3:43:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2018 :  11:10:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum.

“If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results.” – Jack Dixon
Go to Top of Page

noworries

Netherlands
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2018 :  05:18:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the encouragement, you are lovely people. It's nice to get some feedback from folks who are further along.
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat
The amount of purification happening behind the scenes is tremendous.

I might put this on a post-it and hang it near my meditation place. Sounds like a great reminder for when my ego gets bored and impatient again.
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat
You know, we all want fireworks until we get them. After we get them, the practice becomes more difficult to manage. You begin to wish for the opposite, a smooth daily experience without excesses of energy interfering with day to day life.

This a great insight as well. Thank you for this. And jusmail, great quote. It's about the journey, not the end result - I'll keep that in mind.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2018 :  10:53:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There's no one further along than you. It's a realization. Just keep doing what you are doing.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000