AYPsite.org Forum
 Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 His Big Comfy Couch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Swami Vajra

42 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  1:09:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Swami Vajra's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Once upon a time, this body was filled with Spirit and used to write this simple tale about how things work in the physical life and afterlife as well as other topics.

Offered to your heart and mind in His name.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
His Big Comfy Couch

I sit with God on His Big Comfy Couch as a small child sits with their parents.

Often, a shiny thing or a dark place will draw my attention away from His Big Comfy Couch and without any real thought I will scramble down from it and run off to look closer at this shiny thing or to explore this dark place.

The shiny things dazzle my eyes for a time and I forget all about the Big Comfy Couch and He who sits on it. Eventually, I come running back to Him with this shiny thing and in my silly and childlike way I proudly announce, "Look what I found!”

I have forgotten that He is the Creator of this thing and knows it far better than I ever will.

As I proceed to try to explain my discovery to Him, He always chuckles and says, "Oh, is that right? Well, I am very happy you have found it. Why don't you tell me all about it and we will sit here together for awhile."

The dark places draw me with a certain dread of what may be hidden in them. Not enough to trigger a fear of them, just enough of a draw to make me think I need to explore. So, I carry my little light into this dark place and sometimes there is a boogeyman in there that causes me to stop and hold my breath.

Sometimes in the holding of that breath I will feel the distance between myself and His Big Comfy Couch. This feeling of distance and fear will momentarily paralyze me and cause me to think I am so far now from that Big Comfy Couch that I may never find my way back and even if I do I'm in trouble because I wasn't supposed to be in this darkness in the first place!

Then in the time I am paralyzed my little light starts to flicker and die. It is only then that I go running scared through the dark place in search of His Light. Sometimes someone shows up to light the way out for me. Sometimes I have to run screaming and terrified until I see the Light of He who sits on the Big Comfy Couch.

Tears blinding me I clamber up not only onto His Big Comfy Couch but also into the very lap of my Lord. Again, he chuckles and says, "What's wrong?". I pour out the horrifying tale of what frightened me so badly in that dark place as if He did not create that as well.

Once I have told my story He chuckles again and says, "Well that sounds awful. I guess you won't need to run off in there again will you? Why don't you just take a nap here with Me on the Big Comfy Couch. It will all be much better when you wake up."

He gives me an embrace of Infinite Love and Protection and we stretch out on His Big Comfy Couch and sleep the sleep of angels totally unaware of the shiny things and the dark places.

I think you know how this story ends......I wake up from my nap and start noticing shiny things and dark places all over again!

I know He chuckles as I once again run away from Him, just sitting there keeping a place warm for me on His Big Comfy Couch.

Blessed reader, enjoy this little tale and begin to realize some of its deeper meanings!

Always remember…
YOU are more valuable…
To Our Creator…
Than an ocean of diamonds…
EXACTLY the way you are right now!

Bidding you Divine Bliss & Liberation in this body,

Swami Vajra

"The biggest question facing humanity is not when are we going to learn, but rather when are we going to act according to what we already know."

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  1:26:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful!
Thank you Swami Vajra!

Namaste

Alan
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  2:26:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Swami Vajra

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2006 :  02:22:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Deeply pondering ...
thank you

L&L
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2006 :  12:15:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Connected with your fable Swami Vajra... welcome to the forum.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000