Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Watcher looking for
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2006 :  01:23:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
What you are looking for

is what is looking.

-St. Francis of Assisi

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2006 :  10:06:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is an amazing quote, so simple yet so true!

A
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  3:08:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What you are looking for
is what is looking.

-St. Francis of Assisi

I find this to be an incredibly powerful truth and it has been coming to mind often over the last few weeks.

If we are able to really be with the part of us that is looking, then we are aware of the part of us that is, aware of our being, the spirit behind it all. The more we are with and aware of our very presence and inner silence the more it permeates our life. The more it permeates our life, the more awareness develops of how it is there all the time, silently behind, inside and a part of all things. The depth and nature of spirit seems to slowly reveal more of itself to the observer over time. I am starting to see it with closed eyes, in the oscillating energy that is all around us, behind the eyes of other people and beings, it fills me with peace and comfort. I am seeing other people as parts of me that have the same essence inside but I am not sure if it is just my mind extrapolating from reading we are all "one" or a natural development in perspective. I imagine how I could easily be them if I just lived their life no matter how aberrant their behaviour.

Thank you Alan for posting this quote, it has been a very powerful pointer to my true nature for me.

A
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  8:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi A, I'm happy that you got so much inspiration from these words of St. Francis. They are words of such simple yet powerful truth, aren't they? The great teachers have the capacity to make such simple and powerful statements channeled directly from the source. If I would have put together those very same words they would have been nothing more than an inspiring quote. Because a realized Teacher/Being/Sat-Guru/Master put forth the words, they carry with them the conviction of experiential truth and are truly potent as a "mantra", don't you think? Just my feeling.

Alan

Edited by - Balance on Nov 21 2006 8:46:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  10:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That which asks the question, is also the answer.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  10:55:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alan, I couldn't agree more and very clever Kyman!

A

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000