AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 A curiosity?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  8:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I know a person extremely well and have for many, many years. She is one of the people I have met in life the furthest along the spiritual path. She emanates love, profound wisdom and expresses an innate joy in everything she undertakes in life. She is extremely positive, has acceptance of what is and she is one of the most free people I know. People are naturally drawn to her as she makes people feel so good just by being around her, they feel drawn to her wisdom and she is able to read people in intimate detail after meeting them once.

The question? She has not experienced kundalini energy in any way, so the ecstatic component of the enlightenment equation seems to be missing. So I don't understand how a person who is so close to being free, would not have awareness of the inner energies when I have come across a fair number with less awareness who have. This person doesn't do any yogic practices or meditation, is this a pre-requisite to experience the ecstatic component of the enlightenment equation?

Let's pretend I am accurate in my assessment of where she is in life, does the above make sense? Yogani, if you have any perspectives theoretical or otherwise or have come across this kind of thing over your 30 years on the path, I would love to hear your thoughts on the subject. Anyone else can chime in too.

thanks,

Anthem11

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  10:56:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Anthem:

Sometimes, without any conscious awareness of it taking place, certain incarnated 'Old Souls' make an easy karmic quantum leap to a Liberated Bliss State. Because they are already 'At-One' with both the energetic process of their spontaneous Kundalini Awakening and the Blissful Peace of their Illuminated State of Consciousness, they do not take note of it as something apart from themselves, or as anything other than what they normally experience as their 'Existence-Consciousness-Bliss'(Sat-Chit-Ananda)!

http://www.art4spirit.com/Images/Ar...alini5x7.jpg

Hari OM!

Doc
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  09:27:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andrew:

I agree with Doc. We pick up here where we left off previously.

The ecstatic currents we experience with developing kundalini are, for the most part, a transitional stage involving the friction of the inner energies passing through the purifying subtle neurobiology. As this happens a more refined awareness develops, characterized by conscious living in pure/eternal bliss consciousness (sat chit ananda). It is our constant innate potential.

This is not to say your friend will not experience further ecstatic energy currents (purification) at some point along the way. But clearly she has done a lot of work previously and is manifesting the fruit of that. "Old souls" have that vibration about them.

Karma yoga (being there for others) is an important aspect of the path also, especially as our sense of self merges with moving inner silence. Your friend continues to evolve as she uplifts everyone around her. That is a stage expanding beyond the inner fireworks we tend to focus on while they are happening.

Every step along the way is sacred. Sometimes there is overlap, and sometimes we might appear to be mainly in one stage or the other. The common constituent in all stages of rising enlightenment is joy. When there is abiding joy, we are inclined to let go into that. Joy has its own agenda, and we can trust it.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  12:34:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Doc and Yogani for your very helful replies which make a lot of sense.

all the best,

A
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  2:29:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani said: The ecstatic currents we experience with developing kundalini are, for the most part, a transitional stage involving the friction of the inner energies passing through the purifying subtle neurobiology

That's much the same answer as I would give. The other thing I would emphasize is that these things may be felt only because of the transition: in other words, if the currents have been there in full force all along, would you feel them? I'm inclined to think not, no more than you feel the blood coursing through your veins.

Your friend may be 'post kundalini' in certain senses, but that doesn't mean that she is not capable of later, more thorough kundalini experiences.

Go to Top of Page

yoginstar

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  3:46:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit yoginstar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OPEN HEART

This description in the first email above fits various people that I know and I have always simply seen it as a condition of an “open heart chakra”, rightly or wrongly.
Usually the conditions which went before these people opened up to this state was the overcoming of selfishness changing into selflessness, really caring for someone else regardless of the self as common factor in all the cases I have observed.
I.e. unconditional giving, which occurred all of a sudden usually, and it opened the heart. In two of the cases I know there certainly was a small period of physical stress around the heart, but physicians found nothing.
I believe it is the goal of all of mankind, to reach the state of the open heart. It is full humanness blossoming.
As far as Kundalini is concerned, I think one of the effects of Kundalini is the same, once it pierces through the heart and beyond (and back sort of , I’ve now finally learned thru AYP

Maybe the major knot around the heart is untied because of the condition of unconditional love which went before and thus the state of the open heart follows, which makes these people truly radiant in appearance.

I for one have psychologically not been able to deal with the open heart which occurred in my case as a consequence of kundalini piercing through it, I couldn’t deal with the state of attraction, the magnetism and felt people as leeches on me for a while. The heart closed again thru various means, (lots of food for one thing), I have to dare to be in that state and relate to other people without them having expectations of me as “like the guru in such states, one gets followers” and we don’t want that. But that was quite some time ago, I am much older now (I think the potential age for opening the heart is 35 years), and can deal much more effectively with new states. Hopefully in any case

Ha I did it, I got the smileys in!!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000